Thursday, October 21, 2010

As A Parent We Will Do Almost Anything...

I don't know what it is about Mathnasium, but Maggie is thrilled to be going!!! She was so excited on Tuesday when she walked in for her assessment! It took 35 minutes and it gave me a great opportunity to sit and talk to the owner and listen to his story about his business... That is one of my favorite things to do. Being an entrepreneur, I love to hear other small business owners tell their story about how they chose/began their businesses. Mathnasium has been open for almost 3 years and he currently has around 140 students enrolled!!! WOW!! Maggie had her first class today and she wore her t-shirt because that earns her an extra punch on her card!! She said they worked on addition today and she had to figure out the missing number.. I am just so happy to see her excited about learning, especially something that doesn't come easy for her.

Molly switched to Advanced Gymnastics on Thursday nights this week. She has a young guy for a teacher and the group of girls are not as old as the class on Tuesday. I think this will be a better fit!

On Wednesday when Molly got in the car, she asked me "Mommy, where's the name changing place?" She apparently had decided at school that she may be ready to change her name now since she would have to eventually when she got married. I think someone at school convinced her that you change your first and last name when you get married and she thought Kayla would be a great fit for her now! That didn't last long... By the time Daddy got home, she wanted to be Molly again!

Today when she got in the car, she confessed that her dolphin got moved. She admitted that she was talking and that she was trying to help Griffin spell something because he was crying after being fussed at by the teacher. Once we got home and I was going through her backpack, I discovered that not only had her dolphin moved, she had to have her name put on the board for excessive talking. When I confronted Molly, she told me she didn't tell because she didn't want to go to her room. She asked me if I had to tell Daddy and I told her I didn't keep secrets like that from Daddy, so she turned on the tears and went to her room. I really do think she is doing better in school. I think Ms. Justus has days that she has a very low tolerance level and today must have been one of those days!


No comments: