Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Wallace Family Camping Trip

Frozen Head October 15-16, 2010


It took 9 years, but we finally did it!! We took our children camping. Camping was a BIG part of my childhood. Every vacation (before I was a teenager) was spent at a campground, from the beach to the mountains. I LOVED camping!! Of course my grandparents had a motor home, so we weren't exactly roughing it, but my parents did sleep in a tent. Maggie had a million questions about a new adventure as usual, but I think she had the most fun of all of us. It was cold, but the temperatures never phased the kids. We packed enough warm clothes and blankets that no one ever got cold. Molly actually woke up in the middle of the night and took her pajama top off and slept with only her thermal top on. The kids enjoyed roasting their own hotdogs and marshmallows! They spent the evening and morning playing in the fire and roaming around the campground. There was a huge rock for them to climb on, a big tree to walk across and lot of leaves to shuffle their feet through looking for sticks to burn. We took them on a short hike in search of a tower, but someone saved us the long walk and warned us that there was no tower at the end of our trail :-).. There was not one complaint on this trip (minus Mike trying to get the tent back into it's bag). I definitely see more camping trips in our near future!!

I love this man!!

My rough - tough mountain man!!

and I love these two girls!!

No comments: