Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break!!

I cannot believe Spring Break is here!! That means 3rd grade is almost over :-(... The weather has been terrible up to this point. We get an occasional warm and sunny day, but it is always followed by rain and a drop in temperatures. The girls take advantage of every sunny moment by jumping on the trampoline and riding bikes.

Maggie has had an amazing year of school. She got her report card and had all a's except for one b in social studies. Up to this point, she has been one of those lucky kids that doesn't have to study (at least not much). She had a geometry test that she forgot to tell me about until I asked her the morning of. She assured me she knew the material and sure enough she got a 100%!! Spelling comes naturally for her and we never even review her spelling words each week. I just hope that she continues to love school and take pride in her grades and her behavior. She has made it another year without having her card pulled. Third grade has marked the stage where having Mom come to lunch is still okay, but I am no longer allowed to kiss her as I am leaving. I would say that I will not be allowed to come eat before too long. Her best friend this year is Gracie. She seems like a very sweet little girl and is rather shy like Maggie. The boys are starting to notice the girls a little, but Maggie says she still thinks boys are gross. The term "popular" has been used a few times lately...yikes!! Maggie is a smart girl and she has a great sense about her as to which girls are trouble. I just pray that she continues to choose good girls to hang out with. Maggie is now playing volleyball. I was very skeptical at first because I wasn't sure how she would react to the possibility of getting hit by the ball. She LOVES it. I need to take my camera to capture the smile that she has on her face during the games.. She has had 4 games so far and has not managed to serve it over the net, but it will happen at some point this season. She has a great coach that is very energetic and encouraging.

Molly is past ready to start kindergarten. She doesn't fully understand when fall is, but she is ready for it to be here. We picked up her kindergarten round-ip papers last week and she was thrilled that she had a homework sheet that she had to do. It required her to trace the letters and she did them perfect!! She can read part of the level two Bob books and she can do simple addition. There is nothing that child cannot do when she puts her mind to it. She is extremely competitive, which makes parenting that much more difficult. Her hot shots class at gymnastics was just promoted to team level. Now we have to decide if placing her on a team is the right thing for her and for us at this time. She wants to do it, but at the same time is curious to try new things like soccer.

This week, the girls will get to hang out with Sophia while I work at Michelle's and Cacki while I deliver directories. They have a date with Cacki to color Easter Eggs and they couldn't be more excited. Luckily the weather is suppose to be pretty!! The Packs' will be coming on Thursday night, so we look forward to spending time with our dear sweet friends!

No comments: