I took the girls to Dollywood yesterday morning to test out the new ropes course. Maggie loves it last year in Destin, so I knew she would have a great time. Molly, my once thought of fearless child, was terrified last year. She did surprisingly well and had moments of being terrified mixed with fearless climbs. It was 97 degrees yesterday, so five hours was exhausting. We made a quick stop at the outlets and then we headed home to air conditioning.
My brother and I have worked out a schedule so that we can both work this summer. He watches Maggie and Molly on Tuesday and Thursday and I watch his kids on Monday and Wednesday. It has worked out well so far. My June print cycle was hard and time consuming, so I am thrilled that I have been able to step away from the computer this week and enjoy time with the kids.
We enjoyed a visit from the Pack girls this past weekend. Erica and Sydney arrived Friday afternoon and spent the evening by the pool with us. We had several friends over for a low country boil. The night of laughter and fun didn't end until 12:30!! The kids played great together. We were very sad to see them leave on Saturday. I am counting down the days until I meet Erica in NYC to celebrate her 40th birthday! I think as a nice surprise to the girls that we may take them to Hilton Head the week Erica is there so the girls can have some good quality time with the Pack's. I often forget how hard their move has been on the girls.
Maggie had a wonderful ending to 3rd Grade!! I cannot believe that my first-born child is a 4th Grader!! It's been five years since the lady in the grocery store told me "the days are long, but the years are short"......how very true that is! Ms. Cleckner was an amazing teacher and Maggie loved her! I do not know how we could ever be blessed enough to get a teacher that is better than her. She was perfect in her teaching style and her ability to love on the kids.
Molly will start kindergarten in a matter of weeks..... Boo-Hoo!! I have always said I am so ready and she is so ready, but the reality is kicking in. I will no longer have anyone to go to the store with me during the day. My delivery buddy will be in school and I will be all alone as I walk the halls of hospitals.. As hard as some of our days have been together, I will miss her tremendously. Tears fill my eyes at the thought of her being in school.
Off to find something to fill our day before the four kids drive me crazy :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment