To say that this has been a crazy week would be an understatement... On Thursday morning, I dropped Miley off at the groomers, took Molly to school and then my transmission went out on the way to Michelle's.. Frustration would be an understatement. I just replaced the transmission on 2-8-07 for $2980!! I refused to replace it again. The van had 158,434 miles on it.. It was a great van while it lasted, but the problems were starting to multiply. Both doors were making grinding and the remote no longer opened or closed the doors. The back window leaked when it rained. The transmission was the final straw.. I spent the afternoon test driving a CRV, a VW Tiguan and a Jetta.. As much as I wanted a Jeep, it was no longer practical since we would not have the van as a backup for long trips, so I didn't even tempt myself. Harpers broke the news that my van trade-in value would be $1000. Right before bed, I decided to list the van on craigslist and just see what would happen. I listed it for $3000 and within 1 hour I had a phone call and a guy bought it sight-unseen!!! He arrived at 6:45 the next morning and picked it up. It took me over an hour to clean the 4 1/2 years of collected junk out of it!! I found a Toyota Highlander on Ebay and made a deal over the phone and arranged the financing through USAA. It should arrive next week..
Mike's didn't get the "normal" birthday attention that he deserved. We rushed out the door as soon as he got home to meet the Horstman's for dinner at Carraba's. Then we had to take the girls to Family Fun Night at the school which was very crowded!! Maggie found Anabella and had a great time playing with her even though they had to break the rules and share a wristband since we forgot to bring enough cash for them to play. Anabella and Sydney Kate ended up coming home for a sleepover! Mike took Christy and Geoff up on their offer and met them out at a little bar for a glass of wine.
Saturday was the first BEAUTIFUL day we have had in a long time. We made it to breakfast at Sami's at 11:45. The girls enjoyed playing in the courtyard area outside while we ate. I took bike ride while the girls played outside and I made it back just in time to go to the park with them. We had dinner at the Collins' house. It was by far the best meal we have ever had there (or maybe I was starving). The cake was delicious, but I think it almost put us into a diabetic coma from all of the sugar!!
This morning we got up and made it to early church so we could enjoy the beautiful afternoon. While Mike went to pick up the Jeep with Bill, I entertained the girls on the trampoline. I taught them both had to do a back flip and they were thrilled at their new skill!! We met Jenny at the park to play and then Sophia came home with us. They played outside/inside while Mike worked outside cleaning up the yard. I squeezed in another bike ride because who knows how long it will be before I can ride again.
1 comment:
So glad you guys have been blissfully busy (except for the van issue of course). Tell Mike a belated happy birthday for us! Love you guys,
Kerry
Post a Comment