After dinner, she had already made arrangements to spend the night with Papaw. They had bought her cupcakes, too. We hurried over so she could share them with Meghan and Cameron.
I picked her up Wednesday morning and we spent the day gathering all of our ski gear. I had agreed to take her skiing with Felicia and Ethan as part of her birthday. Molly fell asleep on the way to Ober and some much needed rest. We hit the slopes at 6:30 and closed down the chair lifts at 10:00. She is a natural on skis. She has no fear and great balance. I am not brave enough to let her go alone. There are too many snowboarders and she doesn't quiet have the strength in her legs to stop. She is great at falling down!! If I picked her up once, I picked her up 40 times in three hours. She wanted to ride to the top on the other chair lifts, so I was crazy enough to do it. We got to the top and it was extremely icy. We fell and couldn't get back up for sliding on the ice. We finally laid in the snow and just laughed about it for a while. Once we got up, we made it most of the way down before we got out of control with our speed and took a terrible fall. I have never fallen that hard and that fast. I was sure that I had broken Molly's leg, but after a few minutes of crying, she got back up and put her skis back on so we could get to the bottom. We warmed up by the fire and then hit the slopes for two more runs before they closed!! We didn't get home until 12:30!!
The next morning I had to wake her at 7:30 for school!! She got up willingly since they were celebrating her brithday. We went by Dunkin and picked up donuts. I brought her goodies to class at 10:30 and enjoyed watching her interact with her class and her teachers.
Her birthday party was at the Groovy Pad on Sunday. She really wanted a gymnastics party, but she ended up loving her princess party. They fixed her hair, did her nails and makeup and her her pick out her favorite dress up costume. Tate, Emily, Hannah, Grace, Allie, Brooklyn, Caroline, Avery, Maggie & Josie were there to help her celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment