Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Break (or not so much of a break)

Who's big idea to make fall break only two days instead of a whole week.. I could really use a week of sleeping in and hanging out with my girls.. We will make the best of the time we have :-)

Molly spent the day with Cacki so I could work at Michelle's and get everything caught up before we go out of town. It was a rainy day, but apparently Molly didn't mind being stuck inside all day. I think she is in need of some much needed rest. She has been waking up with Maggie and staying up until almost 9:00. Cacki and Molly picked Maggie up from school. They were planning to go back to Cacki's house until Molly overheard that Papaw was at our house working. She is quiet the helper and she didn't want to miss out on a job. Maggie on the other hand wants NOTHING to do with a project. She was more than happy to be able to go to Cacki's and have some quiet one on one time with her.

I asked my Dad who Molly reminded him of......ME!! I was exactly like her when I was little. I loved to help. I can vividly remember putting switch and plug plates on as a child. Anything I could do to be working with my Dad.. She got really mad at Papaw when she put a board in place and he kicked it out of the way (not in a bad way, just moving it). She cried her eyes out. She was heartbroken and all she could say was there's nothing for me to do. It took her almost an hour to recover, but she finally came back and helped up get finished for the night. We have almost 1/2 of the dining room and playroom finished. It really looks great!! I am excited to have it all finished.

Maggie is doing great at school.. I am so very proud of her. She brings home paper after paper with 100% on it. She truly loves her class and her teacher. She is growing up so fast. I look at her and wonder where by baby went. I accidentally said the word sex in front of her the other day (she was so quiet in the car that I totally forgot she was with us).. She snickered that embarrassed little laugh.. I dread that talk!!

We will be going to Pigeon Forge for one night to let the kids have a little fun on fall break. We will return home on Friday night so we can return to floor duty on Saturday morning. It is going to be a cold weekend, so there is nothing better to do!!

No comments: