Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wonder Works

Wonder Works!!! That is where Maggie wanted to go all summer, so I finally took her there for fall break. If I could have one wish, I would want to experience a place like that from her perspective. She loves it!! She feels free to be herself while she is there. A few exhibits are still out of her comfort zone, like the entrance and the hurricane. I am sad to think that she will probably never be my thrill seeker (I'm sure one day I will be thankful for that). Mom had never been and she really enjoyed the exhibits. The kids had so much fun that they wanted to go through a second time, so we did!! We tried out the sound lab for the first time - bad idea!! It is a pitch dark box that has sounds and the seats vibrate. The session lasts 6 minutes and 20 seconds. We didn't last six minutes. Maggie never said anything, but I could tell it was starting to bother Molly and by the time I asked Maggie if she was okay, she was in full blown tears. She will NEVER do that again. They had a new exhibit called Mind Ball and the girls loved it!! You had to wear a device around your forehead and it measured you EEG waves. The calmest person caused the ball in the center of the table to move toward the other person. Molly didn't stand a chance against Maggie. Mom beat me and I had to cheat to beat Maggie.. It's official, Molly and I are not very calm!!

The girls enjoyed a little swimming time, but it is not the same for Maggie if there is a not a friend with her. She is not one to just play in the pool for a long time. I guess she is spoiled by the whole friend thing.

We got to do some shopping which the girls seem to actually enjoy. Molly found a costume and Maggie got some rocks for school. Mom actually bought herself something, which may very well be a first!!

When we got home at 4:00 on Friday, Dad was here working away. His job for the day was cancelled, so he came and worked on my floors - what a trooper. We spent all day Saturday and Sunday working on the floors. Maggie and Molly have both taken their turns at being helpers. They were really well-behaved for being trapped inside.

Maggie has Anabella and Molly has Tate. Best friends from day one!! Molly got to go to Tate's party on Saturday. She had a great time and it wore her out. When she got home, she tried on some costumes and then got her feelings hurt. She climbed into bed with her panties on and fell asleep - I don't think she has ever done that. She slept through the banging, sawing and nailing.. She slept for two hours and woke up just in time to go home with Granny. I was terrified that she would never go back to sleep, but she did..

I bought Molly some neat little things that go on your tennis shoes to help you tie your shoes and I and proud to announce that she can officially tie her own shoes. She is so proud of herself. The bad side is, we have to stop every five minutes for her to retie them :-).. She has even learned how to do it without looking.

Molly and I spent the day yesterday running errands. I couldn't stand being inside of our trashed house all day.. Melissa wanted to see our chaos, so Molly got a short playdate with Coleman. We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning, folding clothes and killing ants!!!

No comments: