They woke bright and early.. 7:45 and I was up getting a cup of coffee.. They had breakfast, a quick swim, jump on the trampoline and then the parents started arriving. Right now Maggie is enjoying some quiet time with Annabela. Her mom is picking her up at noon.
Maggie is still favoring her arm and almost let herself drown because she wouldn't use it to swim up from the deep end. I told her that I made an appointment to have it looked at, but little does she know it is really her well visit. I never dreamed that after 8 years I would still have to lie about taking her to the doctor. I don't even think she has to have any shots. She will probably have to get her finger pricked, which I think she has learned is no big deal. I just pray that her cholesterol has once again remained stable and has not gotten any higher. It's sad to think that we have to worry about that already.
I love spontaneous friends.. Kelly just called and she will be bringing Sydney Kate & Chase over for a swim :-).. I hope Maggie will get in the water!!
**************UPDATE***************
After Kelly left, we were trying to get ready as quickly as possible and I sent Molly to her room to get her leotard for gymnastics while I ran to the potty.. I heard her piggy bank crash to the floor, then a loud thump and then a loud scream. I knew exactly what had happened before I turned the corner of her room. Molly has stepped up on the bottom drawer to reach her leotard, and the leg of her chest of drawers broke and it came falling down. Luckily, she was smart enough to jump back, but she was trapped by her bed and rocker. The bed caught the weight of the chest, but the drawers slid out and pinned one of her legs. It could have been so bad had the bed not been there to catch it..
Once I got Molly settled back down, we rushed out the door for Maggie's doctor's appointment and everything went great. She weighs 55 pounds (50%) and is 51 inches tall (75%). She has grown 2 inches since last year. Her cholesterol is 190 (it was 185 last year - highest recorded lever was 202). All of her blood work came back great.. The doctor checked her arm and said it was muscular.. No breaks and nothing to be worried about.
Molly did great at gymnastics. She is so strong and is amazing on the bars and floor. The girls are now snuggled up beside me in the bed snoozing away as I type.
No comments:
Post a Comment