8 years....WOW!!! I cannot believe Maggie is 8 years old today. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was riding a bike in Hilton Head, 30 weeks pregnant.. I can remember every detail of her birth day as if it were yesterday and that says a lot since my memory is so bad. Somewhere in the past year she has become a very modest young lady that is totally into her hair and clothes. She extremely independent and can do most anything on her own. In the past couple of weeks she has become extremely afraid at night. She is scared of the dark, makes us check and double check the doors, and worries about fires. Her favorite thing right now is the peace symbol.. She has shirts, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and shoes that are covered in peace symbols. She has not spent near as much time in the pool this year as she has in years past. I pray that she is not outgrowing the fun of swimming.. She loves gymnastics and can do a back kick-over and will be starting a back handspring class in August. Her favorite television programs are Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Suite Life of Zach & Cody. She could watch hours of tv if not supervised. Her new favorite color is blue!!
Our day started out without much fun on our schedule. Daddy & Papaw were going to work on putting our new deck together. Things started to look better when James volunteered to come help and he brought the family. Then the Pack's came over to play and Jerry brought Cameron & Meghan over to hang out. Cacki was able to sneak away from Grandbob for a little while, so she got her Cacki fix!! The pool was loaded with laughter and splashing. Maggie's new octopus added lots of fun!! I fixed ribs for Maggie (her favorite) and the kids enjoyed some yummy colorful cupcakes.
Maggie got her octopus float, an ipod, American Girl clothes, gift cards from Claire's, Toys R Us & Regal, a lava lamp, bubble gum maker and a peace tanktop & bracelets... I was glad that her day turned into such a fun afternoon :-)
Tomorrow she will continue her celebration with
a sleepover!! Our house will be invaded by 5 little girls, so I can safely say that it will be loud around here tomorrow night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment