Our vacation was wonderful. Dad had his surgery on Friday, June 19th. All went well and we convinced them to spend an extra night to allow him to recover from the pain a little before they hit the road. Mike and Cacki arrived in time for dinner on Saturday and we had the most delicious seafood dinner that we prepared at home. I felt bad that we didn't find that great little seafood market while my parents were there because we cooked in almost every night the second week. We ate mahi-mahi, tuna, amberjack, swordfish and wahoo.. We had our share of fresh fish!!
We visited Baytowne Wharf on Monday night to see the magician. Cameron gave it a shot on the zip line and Maggie and Molly tried out the ropes course. Molly went right up and made it across the balance beam without hesitation, but that quickly turned to fear when she hit the platform and realized she was stuck. I thought I could go up and help rescue her, but fear got in my way and I could not let go of her, so I was of no help. One of the teen workers ended up helping her navigate through the course. I think her fear of heights got the best of her. Maggie did awesome and she made about 10 laps around the course. We did a little shopping, biking and a lot of relaxing on the beach during the week. It was amazing weather and the June Grass cleared out on Wednesday and the kids enjoyed clear water for three days.
Friday, June 26th, Mike and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. We spent the day soaking up the sun and watching the kids play in the sand/ocean. Then we cleaned up and enjoyed a night out (thanks to Cacki) at the Red Bar. We had a great evening in a great town!!
Coming home was hard.. I had been away from reality for two full weeks and loved every minute of it. I would do two weeks again in a heart beat, but I will admit that I am sad that we don't get to escape again this summer, so there are benefits to breaking it up, too.
Here's a recap in pictures of what we have been doing this summer in no particular order:
We spent a couple of hours with the McCay kids at Events @ Sherlake. Maggie and Molly both had a great time. Molly has truly been deprived of getting to do fun things the way Maggie did when she was little.
We have been to Dollywood and Splash Country...
We checked out the new playground at World's Fair Park along with the fountains. Then we drove down to Market Square to eat some yummy Rita's Italian Ice!!!
We spent an afternoon at the children's museum in Oak Ridge. Even Cameron isn't too big for that place :-)
Bowling...Holy Cow, that's expensive!!
Along with the fun, there has been a lot of working going on. I feel very blessed to have taken on a great part time job pressing t-shirts for Luna B Tees. Michelle is very flexible and if need be, I can bring the kids with me. They have enjoyed some quality time with Papaw and Cacki over the summer on days that I have had to work.
It is hard to believe that school starts in a little over 3 weeks... Boo-Hoo!! Who am I kidding. I am sad that summer is almost over, but the kids are extremely bored!! I will fill the next three weeks with as much fun as possible and we will look forward to our next break from school..
Maggie will be turning 8 on Saturday... That is a post all of it's own.
No comments:
Post a Comment