Monday, May 18, 2009

I SURVIVED A 63.22 MILE RIDE!!


This picture is rather scary of me, but this is what I looked like after riding 63.22 miles!! It took us 4 hours and 15 minutes of actual pedaling to finish the challenge, but I made it!! The morning started at 6:00 AM with two hard boiled eggs, bacon and pancakes!! We left at 7:00 and arrived at Heritage High School around 7:30. We got registered, bikes unloaded and met up with Dave (Team Pegasus Captain) before the ride began. We rode with Dave (or should I say slightly behind him) for the first 16 miles. That is where the route split and he took the 45 mile route. We then found another rider to set pace with for about 20 miles until he split off. We had two official rest stops and took two quick stops to say goodbye to our fellow riders as we parted ways. We average 14.8 MPH. Not the fastest ride, but I will not complain. I am just thankful I was able to get through the whole ride. I managed to stay on the bike, clipping and unclippnig without and problems until we hit mile marker 61....Needless to say, Dad was a little to blame for a good fall to my just recovered hip adding a nice new big blue bruise!! I will admit that I threw a rather ugly temper tantrum while on the ground, still attached to the bike!! We finally made it back to the high school and enjoyed some yummy pizza and hit the road back to the house.. It was an awesome experience!!

No comments: