Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter has come and went and I am just now posting!! We could not have asked for a better day. The weather was wonderful, the girls were excited and we just enjoyed the day. We went to the 9:00 church service and we were just late enough that we could not get a seat in either auditorium. We had to sit in the cafe and watch the service on tv. I will admit, that was almost a deal breaker for me because my favorite part is the music (which we missed) and I like to see Brad in person. Watching a service on tv leaves way too many distractions for me. It was an amazing sermon and it was the first time I have heard a different story on Easter besides Jesus died on the cross and now He has risen. I know Easter must be the most difficult sermon for any minister to write because you have the largest crowd and most of them have not heard a sermon since the one they came for the year before. After church, we went to my parents and cooked out to celebrate Easter and Dad's birthday. The kids were wild as usual!! Mike and I got to sneak out for a few minutes to go look at flooring. We have got to do something to get rid of this smell..

Maggie is on the verge of not believing... She told Molly that she knew the Easter Bunny's name. When I asked her what it was, she said "Melony". I told her no way. I was going to bed with them at 7:30 because I was exhausted after a 36 mile bike ride earlier. Luckily that crazy Easter Bunny brought two sports bras and that helped reassure her that he must be real. She knew I would never buy her a sports bra. Molly got a new helmet for all the bike riding she has been doing lately. She will be one touch little girl once she gets off those training wheels.

We had severe weather on Good Friday, so we were not able to go out and celebrate Papaw's birthday. We were under Tornado warnings and Maggie cried the whole time. She was worried about her Daddy and she was worried about Cacki. She needed to know that everyone she loved was in a safe place. It took me a long time t convince her that the weather was totally different in Brazil and that Cacki was safe and sound. We went to the Good Friday service at church once the storms ended and it was a great service. Maggie sat with us and I think she really enjoyed it. 

The weather is still stuck here. It is not warm and it's not cold. We still need a jacket when we go outside and I am over it!! Maggie wore shorts to school this morning because she is over wearing pants. I have never heard the girl say she is cold, so go for it!! She has another field trip on the 28th going to Town Hall and she is determined I need to go with her. Luckily Molly has school, so I guess I will if they have room for another mom. I keep reminding myself that one day soon she will not want me to come :-(.

As I sit here typing, the news is playing in the background about the Sunday School teacher who killed an 8 year old...WHAT!! Where is this world coming to? Who can we trust. I cannot begin to express how thankful I am that we have never really needed outside help with the girls. It scares the life out of me to send Maggie for a sleepover because you truly do not know what anyone is capable of. 

I did it...I had a very compulsive moment yesterday. I went to the bike shop because I wanted to see if anyone had brought any jerseys in for the consignment sale. What I didn't expect to find was an amazing bicycle. You know me...I can't pass up a good deal. It was 50% off and in exceptional condition. I look at it as an investment. If I wanted to sell it tomorrow, I would actually make money off of it :-). I will be hitting the road in a few hours to try it out. I am super excited. I will be ready for 62 miles by May 16th :-)!!! I never dreamed I would be capable of riding that far. I am very thankful for a husband that is so sweet and supportive. He wants me to succeed at riding as much as I want to - thanks Mike!!

No comments: