







We have spring fever around here and I am afraid that there is going to be tremendous disappointment when we go outside today. We were wearing tank tops and shorts yesterday and today we have to pull out the winter coats again. I am really ready for stable weather in the 70's at the least!!
Since the week got away so quickly I will go backwards because that is the only way I can remember it.. Sunday started with a phone call from Granny telling us that someone broke into Papaw's truck and stole all of his tools. I know it is extremely frustrating for him, but I tried to remind him that whoever is living their life like that is in a much darker place. We had a great church service. Both girls were excited to go with little to no complaining. Molly even took along a sheet of stickers that she wanted to share with her friends in class. After church, we picked up Cameron and the three of them were filled with laughter and screams as they jumped on the trampoline and played ping pong. Mike kept an eye on the kids while he mowed the yard. I jumped on the bike for a tough 20 mile bike ride with Papaw that nearly kicked my tail and caused a sunburn!! As soon as I got back, we cleaned up and met the McCay's and the Pack's for an Easter Egg hunt at Hardin Valley Elementary.. The kids had a great time hunting eggs, bouncing, eating cotton candy and snow cones. The highlight was the prize of catching a gold fish. We now have three little fish, so I guess I will be going to get a bowl and food today. Maggie was a good sport. Her fish was "unique" and at first she didn't want it, but once she realized it was okay that hers was different, she was excited to have one that looked different from all of the others. When we got home, I made the big kids help me deliver some of the post cards in our neighborhood for Easter service. Cameron was sliding one in a paper box when a momma bird flew out. It startled him and Maggie and we all got a big laugh out of it.
Saturday was filled with fun... Maggie was picked up by a friend at 10:00 to try out a Zumba class and then to hang out at her house and go to an Easter Egg hunt at the Cove. I took Molly to Dollywood to meet Granny & Papaw. We only got to play for about 3 hours which was plenty for me since it was so crowded. I promised Molly we would take a day during the week and go back up there during Festival of Nations so we can enjoy all of the shows. I think that should be considered an excused absence since we will be learning about other countries. We were in the car and headed back by 3:15 and Molly put on her eye mask from the Cacki bunny and was asleep before I got to the first red light. She slept until we pulled in the parking lot of the Cove. We got there to find out that Maggie wanted to go back to their house for a little while longer. Heidi agreed to bring her home. I left Molly with Granny while I went for a 16 mile bike ride with Papaw and Cameron. It was a leisure ride and it actually felt good to ride without the feeling of killing myself. I am amazed that Cameron can ride that far and average over 13 mph. We finally got to hang out with Daddy when we got home. He had fun hanging out with the guys at Calhouns.
Friday, Daddy left right after bible study to go to Mt LeConte with a group of guys. We did not talk to him all day/night. He didn't get home until around 4:00 on Saturday. He had a great time and the weather was perfect for him. It was 19 degrees when he woke up on the mountain. Molly and I spent the day running errands. We finished our day at the Andes' house for game night.
Thursday, Cacki picked Molly and Maggie up from school. It was their annual coloring Easter Egg day!! The girls look forward to that each year and cherish the memories with Cacki. They had to do it a little early because of her trip to Brazil. Maggie is starting to really question the Easter Bunny, so Cacki referred to their basket at their house as being from the Cacki Bunny!! Mike picked them up from Cacki's because I was working a double shift at the Duck Duck Goose sale. I was exhausted when I got home.
Wednesday... gymnastics X 2!! Dinner at Applebees which was terrible.
Tuesday..Molly stayed for lunch so I could deliver directories.
Monday....gymnastics..
No comments:
Post a Comment