Thursday, I left Molly for lunch so Dad and I could squeeze in a 30 mile bike ride. Molly wasn't happy about the idea, but she got over it and was in a good mood when I picked her up. She has a little friend that always asks her to stay for lunch, so I am sure they had a good time playing. We spent the evening hanging out with Granny & Papaw while Mike cut the grass.
Friday, Molly and I had a very productive day. We dropped Maggie off at school, got the car washed, dropped Miley off at the groomers, Molly helped Papaw clean the motorcycles, dropped off the push mower for a tune-up, bought a baby shower gift, picked Maggie up, picked Miley up, dropped off a shirt to Ginny Broyles (squeezed in a short playdate), picked up pizza, picked up packages to ship, enjoyed a fun night at game night.. WOW!! That's what happens when you get your day started at 6:45.
Saturday, the weather was beautiful and luckily I read the paper early because I realized the Dogwood Arts Festival Arts and Crafts Show was taking place on Market Square.. While Mike went to play tennis with Jenny and cut the grass at Caron Drive, I took the girls downtown. We had a blast walking around looking at the booths. They were also having a sidewalk chalk art show, so the kids had fun looking at all of the artwork and voting on their favorites. Maggie says she wants to do a square next year. Maggie was determined to wait in line for a balloon animal and it probably took 45 minutes. The lady made Molly a cute flower and Maggie wanted a yellow dog. The dog was pitiful looking and Maggie handled it much better than I would have expected. It had three ears, a gimp leg and a really long tail. It wasn't much of a dog I must say. Molly's flower was cute, but by the time we got home 2 out of 4 of the pedals had popped. It wasn't worth the wait or the tip we had to leave the lady. Before heading home, the kids enjoyed some popcorn and a bottle of Mt Dew at the Mast General store. We got home at 4:00 and I threw together an appetizer to take to Jerry & Jenny's. I squeezed in a 17 mile bike ride and just met Mike and the kids at Jerry's house. I can tell a huge difference in my speed and endurance in just a few short weeks. Of course 17 mils seems like nothing after riding 36 miles last weekend :-). We had a great visit and the kids had fun. In less than two weeks they will live in walking distance..
This morning we made it to church before the music began - yippee!! Our morning went very smooth with no whining or complaining. After church we ate at Ott's per Maggie's request. Now Mike is trying to squeeze in a nap before we head to the baby shower. It is a nasty, rainy day and my poor parents had to ride home in this weather from Nashville.
No comments:
Post a Comment