Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Fun-Filled Week






We have had a really fun-filled week. There is nothing that makes me happier than to know that my children are enjoying life with a smile on their face. Thursday I spent the day delivering directories and of course I started off in the rain!! Cacki picked Molly and Maggie up for me and met me at home with them. Molly had a special treat in store for her that evening. She got to spend the night with Cacki because I got chosen to be a chaperone for Maggie's Safety City field trip. Maggie and I went to bed so early on Thursday that I didn't even get a chance to call and check on Molly. I knew that was no big deal to her because she loves spending the night over there and she hasn't gone through a phase yet where she freaks out and wants to come home. 

Maggie is a worrier by nature (and she got it honestly from her Daddy and Cacki). She picked out three different outfits before she decided on the perfect clothes for the trip. She asked me over and over what time I was going to take her to school because she couldn't be late or she wouldn't get her work done that they had to do before they could leave. She worried about her lunch. She worried about if I would be late coming back to the school after I dropped her off. She just has a hard time settling her mind. I dropped her off on time as usual so she wouldn't get a tardy slip and she could get her journal done. To kill time, I grabbed some breakfast and picked up a couple drinks to go with out lunch because Maggie was really excited that they could bring soft drinks. She was very relieved when she saw me walk in the door of their classroom.. We loaded the bus at 8:30 and was downtown by 9:00. Safety City is a really neat place designed specifically for every second grade student to visit in Knox County. They teach them fire safety and traffic safety while they are there. Unfortunately we did fire safety first and it was raining after lunch, so our group did not get to ride the bikes or the cars. They are open two days per week in the summer, so I promised Maggie that we would take our own little field trip there this summer. Molly is excited that she can go and take her Barbie Jeep.

As soon as we got back from the field trip, we ran to Justice to get Anabella a birthday present and Julianna called to say that she was ready to meet to get Maggie. I met her at a gas station and handed her off, but little did I know that her car was not going to run after I left and that they had to call a friend to come and get them. Who knows if there was enough seat belts for everyone!! Maggie was a little worried that she might want to come home, but when I called to check on her at 8:30, she was having too much fun to talk to me for more then 30 seconds. Mike picked her up around 11:00 on Saturday and when she got home I discovered that she had her first experience of staying at home alone with no adults. Julianna left all 7 kids there while she ran out for breakfast.. I will admit that it freaks me out a little bit. Maggie seemed to be totally okay with it. She had a good time and that is really all that matters. She is safe and sound now. 

We went to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the theater and it has been  a while since I have seen Maggie enjoy an animated movie like she did that one. She laughed and told me every scene that she had seen a preview for. Afterwards, Cameron and Maggie enjoyed a couple of hours at our house with Mike jumping on the trampoline and playing ping pong while I took care of getting Papaw's medicine filled for him. The girls spent the night with Granny & Papaw so we could go out and celebrate Stephanie's birthday at the Bistro downtown. We had a good time, but Mike and I were exhausted when we got home at midnight. 

Maggie came home this morning in time for church. I picked Molly up after church and we have spent the rest of the day just relaxing around the house and playing games. I had to get all of my clothes tagged for Duck Duck Goose. It will be nice to get all of these clothes out of the house. 

Maggie got her report card on Friday.. As usual, she did awesome. She got an E in everything except Math & Art. This was a hard series in Math because they were working on money and she really struggled with it. Mrs. Etchison included a note on the back that she did master all of the skills. Maggie thought she got an S in Art because a flower project that they were working on looked more like a tomato when she got finished!! I'll take that and not complain!! I feel very blessed that school comes so easy for her. 

No comments: