Molly never ceases to amaze me... After a busy day of running around all day, she still managed to do awesome at her new gymnastics class. She was able to do a back walkover coming off of a three inch riser. She was determined and kept trying until she finally got it. I kidnapped her from class at 4:30 and we hit the road for Ober Gatlinburg. Molly was so excited!! We got there a little after 6:00 and got our boots, skis and signed up for a 7:00 lesson. She almost got a private lesson, but at the last minute another lady joined the class. I stuck around for a few minutes and then the instructor gave me the okay (the nice way of asking me to leave) to go hit the slopes for a little while. When I came back the first time, Molly was doing great with both skis on her feet. When the lesson was over, I asked the instructor what she suggested I do with her and Molly said, "Take me on the chair lift". The instructor said to give it a shot since I had the harness for her. The first time off the chair lift was a little rough, but we got a system going and only lost a ski once and had to hold up the chair lift. I honestly think the child would have skied all night. We put a pair of hand warmers in her mittens and she was good to go. They blew snow all night, which was miserable. Everything on us was frozen, including my hair. I am so thankful I bought her wool socks and her neck/face protector. Otherwise, we would not have survived. Molly was having so much fun that we never went inside for a break and when we would stand around to wait on others, she wanted nothing to do with it. I had to keep an eye on her because she would try to sneak off the the chair lift by herself. She had not concept of turning or stopping, so the harness was the best purchase ever. She would be quick to let you know that she did have one run down that we made it from top to bottom without falling even one time. I can't say the same for the rest of the times and I wasn't sure I would be able to walk today because my back was exhausted from picking her up off the ground. I didn't give her much time to practice getting up because I didn't want her laying in the snow any longer then she had to. All in all, we had the best night ever. We closed down the slopes!! She will definitely want to do it again.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Snow Princess!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment