I am coming to grip with the fact that this blog is not getting updated as often as I would like for it to. Weekly is better than nothing, right?


Tuesday was not as painful as I expected it to be until about 2:00. I was completely exhausted, so I called the school and had them make Maggie a bus rider. I knew I couldn't make it to the school and listen to them fight. I fell asleep and didn't wake up until it was time for the bus.. I felt much better.
We had a very low key weekend. The weather was beautiful on Saturday, so while Mike went to the gym, I got my workout in the yard. I did some trimming, raking, etc. Mike got home just in time to help clean up my mess!! The girls had a blast playing on the trampoline. They love to be outside, especially after a long winter.. Emily spent the night with us so her parents could have a fun adult night. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to survive away from grandparents. Mike and I take it for granted.. We went to church on Sunday and then Kim came by after lunch and hung out for a few hours. We watched a movie (or at least the part we didn't sleep through).
Monday was a typical day.. For a fun Mom's Night Out, Erica, Julie and myself took off for Ober Gatlinburg to take advantage of their Ladies' Night. It only cost us $13 each to ski!! We had so much fun. If there is one thing in life I truly love, it is skiing.. I have been water skiing since I was 6 years old (actually before that if you count skiing on the front of my Dad's skis), but I do not love water skiing the way that I do snow skiing. There is something very exciting to me about bundling up, strapping on those skis and seeing how difficult of a mountain I can make my way down. Ober doesn't have a lot to offer as far as variety, but we took on the mountains. The view from the top at night is unbelievable. I did not fall coming down the mountain, but I somehow managed to fall in the line to the chair lift and while making our way over to the more difficult chair lift!! Apparently I don't mix well with flat ground.. I cannot wait to take Maggie and Molly skiing for the firs time. I want them to love it the way that I do.. We didn't get home until 12:30 and it was 2:00 before I fell asleep.
Wednesday, Cacki took Molly to gymnastics so I could go to a meeting at Seasons. That place is amazing. I have only eaten there twice and both times were so yummy!! Molly got promoted in her class. Ms. Lisa feels like she is ready to move up to Hot Shots which leads to being on team. I have mixed emotions. I am thrilled that she is good at gymnastics and that she loves it. I do not mind to take her twice a week; however, I am not willing at this point to commit to anything more then that. Hopefully she can stay in Hot Shots for a really long time. I told them we would try it for a month and see how it goes with the understanding that we can move back to her regular class if it is too much for her. Cackie picked Maggie up at school (per Maggie's request). They enjoyed some outdoor time while I started delivering some books. Maggie enjoyed her class at gymnastics and we ate at Fuddrucker's with the Hatch family afterwards.
I delivered directories all day today!! I am exhausted. Cacki picked Molly up from school. They enjoyed Chik-Fil-A for lunch and then a playdate at the Cove. They were sitting on the big swing at the point enjoying the clouds when Molly fell sound asleep. She slept for about thirty minuted before they had to go get Maggie. I know Cacki enjoyed every second of it. After they got Maggie, they went back to Cacki's house. I have not seen them yet, so I am not sure what all they have gotten into, but I know it is safe to say they had fun!!
When Maggie got home last night, she gave me a copy of the latest Kids' Directory that a friend from school had brought her. She thought I would want to see Maggie and Molly in the ad.. Little does she know that I have about 20,000 copies in my garage. It was sweet of her to think of us..
No comments:
Post a Comment