Cacki picked the girls up on Friday and I made the much needed great escape for the weekend. We had hoped to get out of town at 3:30, but it was closer to 4:30. We got a little shopping in when we got to Sevierville and then headed to the cabin at 7:00 for dinner.. We were late registering, so we got the benefit of staying in the a separate cabin with six other ladies. We didn't get to our cabin until about 10:00 and then we watched Secret Life of Bees in the hot tub until we were so hot and wrinkled that we couldn't take it any more. We moved inside and finished the movie. It was almost 2:00 when we went to bed and as I was drifting off, Felicia barged in the room and said she was scared (yes, grown women still get scared).. She crawled in the middle of the bed and then our imaginations took off. We ended up waking Melissa up while we were checking all the locks. Melissa got to enjoy a king size bed to herself while Felica, Erica and myself all slept in the other bed!!
Saturday morning started early with breakfast at 8:30.. We enjoyed listening to Marla speak and I can't get enough of her. She is a amazing lady and she is so open with her own life.. I got a call early that morning from Jane to inform us that Granddaddy wasn't doing well. I knew something was wrong when she called twice on my cell phone that early. We had sessions until 3:00 and then we were free the rest of the time. The original plan was to go skiing, but that didn't happen. Everyone ended up taking a nap except me. I knew if I fell asleep I would never go back to bed that night. Once everyone was rested, we went shopping and ate dinner at Olive Garden. Mike called me on the way back to the cabin to let me know Granddaddy had passed away. I was so sad that I could not be there with him, but he handled it well. I think he enjoyed having Maggie home alone with him to snuggle with.
We slept until 9:00 on Saturday and then rushed around getting everything packed up so we could get out by 11:00. We spent the rest of the day shopping. We had planned on getting home around 4:00, but that didn't happen. As we were shopping in Gymboree, we discovered there was a free coupon book that would save us big money... We ended up returning everything we had purchased over a three day period and purchasing it again. It was time consuming but money saving!!
Monday was back to the grind of school and work. This is my print week, so I am trying to get everything wrapped up as quickly as possible.
Tuesday we went bike riding with Papaw after school. We rode 3 1/2 miles and Maggie was pooped by the end. I bribed her with getting the supplies we needed to make her valentine box if she would quit complaining and just ride faster.. We had dinner with Granny & Papaw and made her box while we were there.
I dropped Molly off with Cacki this morning while I ran to a really short appointment. Molly was disappointed when I got back so quickly. We had to go to gymnastics and then to Best Buy to get my laptop (finally). They had to replace the mother board on it.. After we picked Maggie up, we went to gymnastics for her last make-up class and then her regular class. Her friend Emily is now in her class. We had dinner with them afterwards.
If all goes well, we will be ready to send the directory to print tomorrow and then I will have two full weeks off!! Tomorrow is Cameron's 10th birthday!! I cannot believe it has been 10 years since he was born. Wow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment