Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SNOW DAYS!!

Monday started out as a very normal day, but as Molly and I headed back from preschool registration, the rain drops that were hitting the windshield were very thick and I could tell it was turning to snow. I never dreamed that those snow flakes would bring the fun times and the memories that they did.. Molly was beyond excited as she watched the giant snow flakes hit the ground. It didn't take long for them to start sticking and Molly would scream for me to come look. She thought it was Christmas outisde.. The excitement quickly turned to worry as I waited for Knox County to close school. Our road was already solid white and I am not a fan of driving in the snow. Luckily, Papaw was working nearby, so he went and picked her up for me at 11:45. They were trying to get the kids through lunch so the food wouldn't go to waste, so Maggie came home with her lunch tray. She got so excited to see Papaw that she forgot her backpack..

The Andes' family kindly picked us up and took us to their farm in Rutledge so that we could feed their horse and get some sledding in... What we never expected was the further we drove, the less snow there was... By the time we got there, the ground was almost clear. There was just enough snow on the ground to have a fun little snowball (snow rock) fight. We drove back to our house and the kids got a few hours of sledding in until the temperature got the best of them. Mike, James, Molly and Ethan toughed it out until it was too dark to sled any more.

We set the alarm for school, but when we woke up we got the news that school had been canceled again... YIPPPEEE!! I was like a little kid at Christmas. I couldn't go back to sleep. We were at CVS at 9:00 buying sleds for a full day of fun!! The McCay's, Andes' and Pack's all joined us for a exciting day.. We wore the snow out. Our hill melted first, so we took over Ron & Wilma's yard where Felicia and Ethan had built an amazing little ramp. Then we moved over to the house two doors up from us and spent the rest of the afternoon. We only took one break for lunch to dry gloves and socks and to regain feeling in the children's feet. We played hard until 4:00!! Then we kicked it in gear and cleaned the house up because it looked like a major bomb had gone off after the kids had gotten almost every toy out in both play areas.. It was pretty much spotless (except for Molly's room) by the time we left to go have dinner with the family at Cracker Barrell for Granny's birthday. Me and the girls were so tired at dinner that I wasn't sure we would even make it through the meal.

Mike woke me up this morning to say that school had been cancelled again.. I was so disappointed when I peaked out the blinds and could see the dirt/grass around the tree that was part of our playground yesterday. Even though we didn't get to play outside, I felt like I was in the cold all day. It was freezing at gymnastics...Then we went to see Madagascar at the ghetto theater and the heat was out in the auditorium that it was showing in. Then it was back to gymnastics at 3:30 for a makeup and then Maggie's regualr class at 5:00. I was so thankful to get home and crank the heat up.. I will be sleeping with my heating blanket tonight.
I'm guessing life will return to normal tomorrow....Only time will tell!!


SISTERHOOD OF THE SLEDDING PANTS!!!








No comments: