Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy


It's been a week and we have been very busy this week.. Let's see if I can recap it!! Yesterday was Mike's 45th Birthday!! The girls were so excited. Maggie had bought him a present and she was anxious to get it wrapped before he got home. They each made him a card and Maggie may actually have a future in card writing with a little fine tuning. She wrote him a sweet little message that I know he will cherish for years to come. We fixed him a yummy dinner and baked some cookie, burning 2 of the 3 batches..  

Wednesday, we thought Jane was coming to spend the night, so that put me in overdrive on cleaning mode (which I really needed to do).. I washed all of the dirty clothes, sheets, throw blankets, etc.. All I had left to do was floors and bathrooms.. We were getting so much done that at 12:40, I realized I had forgotten to take Molly to gymnastics - oops!! Ms. Lisa told us that we could make it up next week. After Maggie's gymnastics, we met the Packs and the Hatch girls at Fuddruckers for dinner.. 

Monday and Tuesday we were out of school, so as usual, we had to do something fun!! Felicia and I took our kids to the Aquarium (thanks Felicia) and then we spent the night at the Red Roof Inn so the kids could swim. They had a great time and Maggie finally warmed up to Ethan.. We got them all in bed and asleep by 9:00 so Felicia and I could watch the Bachelor.. Sleep was rough as usual when you have 7 people in two double beds.. Molly slept most of the night in the pack-in-play, but when she woke up, she said, "I don't know how I got in here". On Tuesday, we went to Rainforest Adventure ad the kids had a blast!! There was so much screaming and squealing from the kids.. They were excited to see all of the snakes and the lemurs. Erica was meeting us in Cades Cove, so we headed that way around noon. Felicia decided she needed to make one more stop and she told me to go on without her. After about an hour, we started to get worried about her, but wasn't sure where she would be or how to begin looking for her. She doesn't have a cell phone.. After two hours and two wet children (Maggie and Brandon both fell in the water) we decided to go around the loop and then go in search of her. As we were leaving the picnic area, a man flagged us down and gave us a note from Felicia. Her car had broke down about a 1/2 mile outside of Cades Cove. We went and got her and brought her back to the picnic area so the kids could ride bikes for a little while. She was sure we would eventually come looking for her.. We left the mountains around 4:00 and made it to Wasabi's at 5:40 for Mike's birthday dinner with Cacki and Grandbob.. It was yummy food and Molly's expressions were priceless. 

Sunday, I picked the kids up at Granny & Papaw's for church.. We stayed afterwards for Taste of Two Rivers, which was an opportunity to meet some of the staff at the church. We sat with Brad & Beth and enjoyed getting to know a little about them and their children.. The church is amazing and I am so glad that we made that uncomfortable move to try it for the first time a month ago.. I feel like great things can happen at that church and I want to be a part of it!!

Saturday was Valentine's Day. We celebrated Cameron's birthday at his house for lunch and then we took Granny by the mall.. Granny took the girls home so we could go see a movie and enjoy the evening together. We went to see New To Town and then we came home.. It was too late for dinner!! 


No comments: