Monday, January 19, 2009

Wilderness in the Smoky's

To say that we had fun at Wilderness in the Smoky's would be an understatement.. We made memories that will last a life time and we laughed to the point of tears.. It was well worth the money and I am thankful that we went on a spontaneous adventure. We love our winter holidays.. We were sitting at lunch after church and I told Melissa that the girls we already plotting to spend the night with each other again since there wasn't school today. Melissa had no clue we were out of school. She instantly said, "where are we going, what are we doing". We went home, made some phone calls and after about an hour of contemplating it we decided to go. When I called back to make reservations, they were sold out of rooms that slept 6. I checked the online reservations and we were able to get a toom and I am so glad it worked out. I told Melissa on the way up that I am thankful to have such a good friend that is as spontaeous as I am.. The kids had a blast!! They are all to a great age where they can each enjoy it. We got to the water park last night around 7:15 and played until they closed at 10:00. It was 10:40 by the time we got back to our room. I ran to the store for milk for breakfast and when I got back all of the kids were laying in bed playing their DS'. We finally turned the tv off at 12:00!! YIKES!!

The kids woke up around 9:00 and we were back at the waterpark around 11:30. We played, played, played. The kids rode all of the rides, some more then others. Molly was very disappointed that she wasn't big enough to body surf. We loved being able to hang out in the outside hottub and catch snow flakes on our tongues. Maggie told me twice that this was the best day ever. That statement made the trip worth it!! We left the waterpark to find the parking lot was covered in snow. We enjoyed a quick snowball fight before loading into the car to head home. We got home around 7:30 and it was 9:30 before Maggie went to sleep. Now I am hoping that school is closed tomorrow so we can go outside and play in the snow.










No comments: