Wednesday, January 14, 2009
We are sick of being sick...
This has been a week of laying around, watching tv and enjoying having Maggie home with me!! I truly miss the days before we started the daily grind of school. What I would give to turn back the hands of time and have the first five years to do all over again. It's not that I have regrets, I just miss her being little. Monday was just a given that she couldn't make it to school. It felt like a weekend because we just hung out and played around the house. You have to understand that the bug that we have all had is not a typical bug. For the most part we have all felt great with the exception of the cramping that signals you to get close to the bathroom. Once you have gone, it's back to normal until the next run. Tuesday, I really thought Maggie would go back to school. I allowed her to sleep in and then I was going to take her after I dropped off Molly. She hadn't been awake fifteen minutes and she had gone to the bathroom twice. I knew that we weren't going to have luck at school, so we dropped Molly off and came back home. Cacki picked up Molly at school, so we had the entire day to ourselves. We watched tv, played games....just enjoyed being together. I snuck out at bedtime to go see a movie with Erica and Mike was in charge of getting her to bed. Molly spent the night with Cacki, which she had been wanting to do since she got cheated out of her stay because of the bug. When we woke up this morning, Mike was determined that Maggie needed to give it a shot. I was going to let her sleep in a little again and see how the morning went, but I decided Mike was right, we needed to give it a shot. She had already cried before she got dressed because her stomach was hurting and she wasn't having any luck going. I sent her to school, homework caught up and was hoping for the best. My biggest fear for her was that something would happen and she would be embarassed. If I have a soft spot, it is bathroom issues at school. I suffered from chronic diarrhea when I was in high school and the thought of going at school mortified me. My parents even set it up with the office that if I felt like I needed to go, I was allowed to leave school, drive home, do my business and then return when I felt better. I was in the shower at 8:30 trying to make it to a 9:00 spinning class when the phone rang. It was Mrs. Etchison calling to say Maggie had already been to the bathroom several times and I needed to come pick her up. I think she had gotten herself worked up at the thought of getting stuck in music class and not being allowed to go to the bathroom. We enjoyed our morning together.. We played Disney Scene It, watched the new American Girl movie and just enjoyed lounging around. Looks like we will get to enjoy another day to ourselves tomorrow...who knows what the day will bring. I would try to force the school thing, but her eyes are still very weak and she is pale. Only time will tell!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment