Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to School we Go

A little reverse psychology finally worked. Maggie's hair has been growing out since this summer and I can no longer control if she wears it in a ponytail or if we even put a hair clip in it. She would eat dinner with her hair in her face and it absolutely drove Mike crazy.. This afternoon, I told her that we were going to take Molly to get her hair cut after school and she instantly wanted to get her hair cut, too. It was a much needed cut and I absolutely love her hair short. It looks so healthy!! 

All of the schools around us are canceled, but Knox County decided to operate on a normal schedule. If you do not feel safe sending your kids to school, they will excuse their absence. Why couldn't they just cancel? It would have been nice to not have to send Maggie back for one day before she gets a three day weekend. I am very thankful that we have picked her homework each day, so we are not behind. We just have our normal weekend homework to do..

Maggie and Molly enjoyed fixing Mike's hair tonight and riding around on his bike like he was a horse.. Molly was very happy that Mike didn't have to go to tennis today or tomorrow.. If only he didn't have to go to work, her world would be complete. 

No comments: