Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Sick Family!!

I didn't think to keep count, but it is probably safe to say we have been through about 5 rolls of toilet paper in  a week at this house!! Molly started it.. She had severe diarrhea for a full week. We took stool samples to the doctor, ruled out any dangerous bacteria and she finally made a full recovery after two doses of a probiotic. Then secretly I battled with it for several days before coming out of the closet!! I was sure it was a fluke since the doctor was sure Molly had food poison from Mr. Gattis. Thursday, Mike came home from work with a belly as tight as a 9 month pregnant lady!! He suffered with severe cramping, but no diarrhea. Maggie woke up Saturday morning with cramping that eventually turned into diarrhea. She has screamed, cried and declared herself permanently sick.. She is having a rough time with it and will be spending the entire day in bed tomorrow (unless she changes her mind she told me). I am ready for this bug to be out of our house. 

As for what we did all week between bathroom breaks.... Molly had her four year well visit on Wednesday. She was 33 lbs. (25%) and 41" (75%). She is going to be tall and skinny.. She is on track to be 5'6" as an adult (just like Mommy).. She had two bouts of diarrhea right before we left for the doctor, so it took us almost two hours to get a urine sample.. It was the longest visit I have ever had for a well appointment. 

We had a coffee/hot chocolate date with Sydney and Erica... The girls took their American Girl dolls and had a great time. Sydney spent the rest of the afternoon playing school at our house. 

I made it to the gym twice this week. Thursday morning I did a spinning class with Jamie. I have never been brave enough to try that class, but I enjoyed it. Friday morning, Felicia joined me and we took a pilates class. It's amazing how addicting working out is. I was really planning on taking two classes in the morning, but I guess I won't be with Maggie at home sick.

Friday night was our first game night at the Andes house. We had so much fun hanging out and playing games with five other couples. Felicia says she is going to host it every Friday night.. The kids had a great time. Maggie and Hannah are best buddies.. Maggie doesn't usually take to younger kids, but there is something about Hannah. Maggie says it's the name.

Saturday was spent being lazy.. It was cold and rainy, so Granny came over to hang out with us. We ended up taking the girls to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was much better then I expected it to be. Afterwards, Mike and I went to see Bride Wars.

Maggie woke up feeling okay and she wanted to go to the mountains. We got to Pigeon Forge around 12:30 and the girls got to go to a class about bears and then we went to see a live critters show. It was excellent!! They had a lot of great animals. The girls were excited to swim, but Maggie got sick after about an hour of swimming and we had to call it a day. I got her showered and dressed and back to Cacki's hotel room. We made it home around 7:30 with one quick stop on the way for her to go to the bathroom.. Tomorrow will be a pajama day for us.. 

No comments: