Friday, December 12, 2008

Stressful Days and Sleepy Nights!!

Mountain Dew and this Mommy doesn't mix. I would love to know exactly when my body decided it was anticaffeine!! I drank Mountain Dew at Nixon's and then got a refill and put it beside my bed to drink while I worked Wednesday night and needless to say, it was 3:30 before I fell asleep... The 6:30 alarm clock was the last thing I wanted to hear and the fact that Molly had to be at school at 8:30 meant there was no way I could go back to bed. During my hours of laying with my eyes sealed shut, begging my brain to quit racing, I went into panic mode at the Thursday that was ahead of me. I had to teach Junior Achievements at 9:15 and I didn't even know where my bag with the lesson book was. I also had to fill out 20 certificates for the kids, which I did at the breakfast table with Maggie. I was quiet certain I had a dentist appointment, but how could I go to that at 8:45 if I needed to be at Maggie's school and then at an appointment at 10:00... I finaly got a grip and realized that I was smart enough to not plan a dentist appointment the day before my print deadline. I vividly remember telling them that I didn't care if I had to wear a temporary crown over Christmas!!
Yesterday was an extremely stressful day.. I dropped Molly off and went to Maggie's school. Afterwards I headed straight to my 10:00 appointment in the pouring rain only to be stood up. I wanted around for almost an hour, drove home to get her cell phone number and she calmly asked me to return at noon. I warned her that I would be bringing Molly with me!! This appointment was important because I was trading for Molly's party. We rushed home so I could get caught up on emails and then it was time to go get Maggie and head to the bolwing alley on campus. They are doing an ad and they needed a picture for it, so I willingly agreed to use my kids. They need to carry their load a little. The kids were exhausted and slept all the way there (yes, both of them). I managed to sit still and enjoy watching them throw a ball down the land for about an hour and a half before we headed out the door with the plan to meet Mike at S&S. That idea went out the door when the kids misbehaved on not one but two of my sales calls. I told them the punishement was to go home. For most kids that wouldn't be a punishment, but Maggie and Molly LOVE that place!! We came home, ate dinner, answered a few emails and I crashed by 8:30..






Today is print day. It is 8:00 and I am already stressed out. Why do people have to wait until the last minute? I can think about Christmas after we hit send on this directory!! My income may be down, but my kids will never know it!! Molly will have a free birthday party and they will both get to see Dora Live which Maggie will pretend to hate, but secretly love!! Plus they got to go bowling for free!!

No comments: