Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas is 15 days away - yikes!!

I have to start by saying I added this cool new gidget on the side of my blog and it shows me where my traffic is coming from. Of course it would be even better if it told me who they were and how they found me, but I am actually surprised that I have an audience. I knew that I had family members and a few friends that read it, but never imagined that anyone else stumbles upon my blog!! If you stop by and read this, take a moment and leave a comment. I am curious to see who the responses are from :-). 

Maggie is finally better, or so I think!! She did admit today that she fell asleep in the middle of a science video and the teacher even asked her if she was okay because she had a blank stare. I am quiet certain that I did not start sleeping through classes until I was at least a freshman. I had an algebra teacher, I guess my junior year, that didn't like me and I didn't like him. We didn't even try to pretend. I would fall asleep in his class (drool and all). He would wake me up and within a few minutes he would tell me to go back to sleep. Luckily learning came pretty easy for me (not sure what is wrong with me now), so I would still make good grades in his class. I think that is what irritated him the most. As I lay here thinking back on my days as an evil teenager, I can't help but to remember my science teacher who loved to make me write sentences for talking. As soon as I would get finished with the sentences, I would sign to my fellow classmates and then argue that it really was different then talking!! I am starting to understand Molly. I think this is the whole reap what you sew part that my Mom dreamed of!!

Mike was out of town on Monday night for work, so we had a rather new experience. I never have to say my husband is out of town with his job. Me and the girls crawled into bed together and slept just fine. 

It rained like crazy through the night last night and it must have messed up the power lines because our electricity went off twice this morning. The second time it stayed off for a few minutes and it really freaked Molly out. We had to open the blinds so it wasn't so dark in the house. After the power came back on, we got a call from gymnastics canceling Molly's class because they were still without power. Molly was not really happy and didn't understand why they didn't cancel Maggie's class. Molly was brave enough to ask Ms. Lisa if she could participate in the 5 year old class that she teaches during Maggie's class. I love the fact that it's at the same time, but the gyn is so crowded that I didn't see any of her class. She did fine being with the big girls. 

Tomorrow I will be arranging Molly's birthday party on trade for advertising. I am crossing my fingers that they will want to do a full page ad so not only will I get a party, but I will get some money from them. Only time will tell. This has been another rough print cycle, but I have been overwhelmed with peace about it. This time two months ago I was totally freaking out, not sure if we would survive, wondering if I should sell, etc.. This time I realize that I am jut thankful to have an income and that we are all healthy. Really health and love is all that matters!! Yes, we are spoiled by stuff, but we can live without the extras. I am growing fond of beans lately, so Mike and I will survive (not sure what the kids will eat if times get that hard). After school, the girls get to go bowling because I have an advertiser that is doing an ad and they need a picture of kids bowling. I quickly volunteered my two sweet girls. They love to bowl and I never take them.

Conversation between me and Maggie while she was sick:

Mommy: Maggie, where do you want to work when you get your first job (expecting to hear Chik-Fil-A, Claires or Justice)

Maggie: The Kids' Directory

Mommy: Why

Maggie: Because you hardly work and then I would get to play on the computer all the time!!

She completely cracked me up!!

No comments: