Monday, December 1, 2008

So far behind...

I cannot believe we are in the final month of 2008.. This year has flown by so quickly. Christmas will be here before I know it and I feel so far behind on shopping. I cannot get in the mood to shop and that is rare for me!!

We spent most of the week leading up to Thanksgiving getting the house cleaned and decorated for Christmas. The girls had so much fun helping me put the Christmas tree up and putting ornaments on it. My new favorite addition this year is our personal stockings that I purchased while we were in Atlanta. The girls each picked out their own and they are very proud of them. I still have not put the girls' trees up and for some reason I cannot bring myself to do it!! The more I get out, the more I have to put up!!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.. We were very fortunate that we got to stay home and everyone came to us.. The weather was perfect and the kids were able to play outside, which was a blessing since we had four extra boys running around. Maggie was not thrilled to say the least about having the boys here. I tried to warn her before they came that Cameron would not want much to do with her, but it didn't prepare her.. She made herself a spot at the adult table beside Cacki because she didn't want to sit in the kitchen with the little girls or the boys. After she ate, she headed over to Ron & Wilma's to see if Traci was home because there was something about being there that was way more enjoyable then being at home. She spent several hours over at their house. I finally had to go over and make her come home. I do not know at what point she would have come home on her own. She even asked before we left if she could go back the next morning. The funny thing is, she hasn't even asked to go back over there.
Our washing machine was officially declared dead on Thanksgiving and was taken off of all electrical support. Dad and Mike loaded on the back of his truck and hauled it to the graveyard!! We spent black Friday shopping for a new one. We picked it up today, got it home, hooked it up, only to discover that the knob was broken. I called and they said we could pick up another new one tomorrow and they knocked 10% off for the inconvenience. They said it was okay to wash some clothes in it, so I am testing it out. It is amazing how dry the first load was when it was finished. Now I am testing out the dryer.
Yesterday we enjoyed a train ride on the Three Rivers Rambler. It was their Christmas ride that included a story (the Christmas Lantern) and a visit from Santa. The weather could not have been worse. It was so wet and cold outside and as usual, we were running late. The girls didn't enjoy the story because Maggie felt like she was too old and Molly couldn't see thanks to the lady who volunteered to hold the microphone. They enjoyed the visit with Santa, the ornaments and getting their picture taken with the Conductor!! Thanks for a new experience Cacki!!
I feel like I have forgotten to write down so many funny things that have been said lately. When Molly is involved, you never know what will come out of her mouth!! The other night, they got into a fight that landed them both in bed. As I was laying with Molly, we could here Maggie telling her Daddy that is it always Molly's fault. As Mike walked out of her room we could hear him say, "You're right, it's always Molly's fault" in a sarcastic voice. Molly looked at me and said, "It's not always my fault, sometimes it's Maggie's". I tried not to laugh as I agreed.

Last night it was hailing when I came home from washing clothes at my parents and Maggie was commenting on the hail.. Her final comment in a rather hillbilly voice was "well hail".. Mike and I could not help but to laugh and then we explained to her that she should not try that one at school.

No comments: