I will just start by saying there is something about winter that I just do not like. Actually, the two biggies for me is the cold weather for starters. I do not enjoy going outside for any reason when it is cold outside. I do not love wearing a coat and I see nothing fun about seeing my breath.. The second thing that drives me nuts is the fact that it gets dark before 6:00.. Once it is dark outside, I am ready to call it a night and crawl into my bed with my nice warm blankets. There is no way I could ever live somewhere that is cold all the time. Alaska is not for me!! I will have to say that as I sit here in front of the glowing Christmas tree that I do love Christmas. This has not been a typical Christmas for me because I can safely say that I am not in the "spirit" yet. I go to print on Friday and my sales look like they are going to be drastically further down then they were last time. The economy is really starting to impact the businesses that I serve and therefore, my business. It has helped me to start being way more aware of what I spend my money on. I am not buying random gifts that will not be appreciated the day after Christmas.. I want nothing more then for Maggie and Molly to truly understand Christmas. It's not that they don't get it, I just want them to have a much clearer understanding then it has taken me 30 years to get.


This week has been a busy week of delivering books, trying to sell ads and taking care of a sick kid. Molly had gymnastics Wednesday morning and finally got to meet all of the kids in her class. This class has two little boys in it and I wasn't sure what she would think of that. She didn't seem to mind as long as Ms. Lisa was the teacher!! Molly stayed with Papaw while I took Maggie to gymnastics. She was perfectly fine until the class ended and she came to me with a pitiful face and said, "I'm tired". Maggie never admits that she is tired. We took her to Nixon's to grab a sandwich and she laid in my lap the whole time. I gave her some Tylenol on the way home and that seemed to help the situation, but we got in bed as soon as we got home. Mike picked Molly up, so that gave us a little quiet time. I kept her home from school on Thursday because she ran a fever all night long. Around 10:00, the fever broke and she seemed to get better as the day went on. Thanks to Cacki, we got to spend a whole day in our pj's because she picked Molly up at school and took her to her house. Friday, Maggie seemed fine and was excited about going to Madeline's for a sleepover. All it took was some running in gym class and the feeling good turned to a trip to the clinic and a call to Mommy!! I went to pick her up and called the doctor's office and begged for an appointment. It took three of us to hold her down to swab her throat for strep -Negative!! Then the doctor came in and suggested testing her for walking pneumonia. That requires a finger prick, and she instantly started screaming as we discussed it. I did get her calmed down and she took the prick without a tear. We had to wait thirty minutes for the results - Negative!! Molly was the official spokeswoman the whole time we were there. We were sent home and told to rest, stay away from people and let time heal her. she acted fine the rest of the day, but she started running a fever again while she was with granny & Papaw. We picked them up after the party and brought them home and put them to bed.
We had a birthday party to go to at 10:00 on Saturday morning. I couldn't even have faked that she was well enough to take her. Her face was bright red and she was miserable. She stayed on the couch all day. I did the best I could to keep Molly out of the house. We stayed and played at Sprout Studio after the party until 2:00. Molly and Grace did an amazing job constructing a boat out of blocks. I was sad that we had to leave because all of the kids were having so much fun!! Molly and Grace did an amazing job constructing a boat!! By 6:00, Maggie was bored stiff!! I loaded them in the car, picked up Granny and we went to a light show off Watt Road. That was a much needed distraction.
Maggie felt better today and I even let her go over and visit with Wilma for a little while. Papaw offered to take her to the movies, but she didn't want to go. He ended up getting to take Molly on a little date by herself. She convinced him that she could go to the bathroom by herself and when she came out she told him that some lady helped her take off her coat. She said she couldn't wash her hands because she couldn't get anyone to listen to her. If he had done that with Maggie at that age, I would have flipped!! I need to teach him to look for family bathrooms!!! Maggie opted out of going to Target and to Granny's to pick up Molly. She still has a deep cough and I don't think she is 100%. We all enjoyed laying in the living room watching Polar Express. The night will decide if Maggie will return to school or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment