Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Day to Remember...

When Maggie woke up this morning, she was instantly planning her day which was filled with ice skating and playing with Cameron. Little did she know what I had planned for her day. I packed our suitcase and she wondered why I had put her clothes in there. I kept telling her all morning that she was in for a fun-filled day, but she needed to be patient. She didn't have a clue what was going on until Melissa showed up and she saw Maddie in the van. She still seemed very unsure of what was going on. She was very pleasantly surprised when I told her that she was going to Atlanta with me. I had dropped Molly off at Granny's earlier so she wouldn't be totally crushed when we left. She was excited to tag along with Granny & Papaw to the Christmas Show. Word has it, she has been an angel all day.. 

We left Knoxville around 2:30 and made it to the American Girl Store around 6:00.. The girls had a blast walking around and looking at all of the dolls.



We took Kirsten to the Beauty Salon for a much needed hair style!! Maggie and Maddie had fun watching Kirsten get her hair trimmed and braided. Melissa snuck off during the styling process and bought Julie for Maddie. She was so excited!! Along with our $20 salon visit, Maggie picked out the hospital kit that included an arm and leg cast, finger splint, ice pack and crutches. The two girls were precious walking around the mall taking care of their dolls. Maddie told everyone that would listen that she had a new doll. It was a magical experience for them. I hope that this builds Maggie's interest for playing with her doll!! 



We made it to our motel (in the ghetto :-) ) around 9:00 and the girls opted against swimming so they could stay in the room and play with their dolls!! They are too cute. We will see how cute they are after we drag them around IKEA for hours tomorrow!!

No comments: