Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday / Cheetah Girls

My birthday got started around 9:00. Mike took breakfast orders from everyone and then headed out on some missions (wash my car, fill it up, take trash to the dump and to pick up breakfast). I got showered and ready to take Molly to her highly anticipated flu shot. She is the only 3 year old that begs to go get a shot. She had no fear about it and was happy to get a shot if it meant she wouldn't get sick. Mike got home just in time for me to gobble down my breakfast, check out my birthday presents (a new, much needed, cordless phone and a card reader for the laptop) and then rush out the door to get Molly. Her appointment was at 10:45 and it only took a few minutes. Then Granny took me to JCPenney so I could pick out my own present (socks, a new blanket and a UT shirt).. We got home around noon, played on the playground, ate lunch, Maggie took a shower and it was soon time to head to the:

CHEETAH GIRLS - ONE WORLD TOUR - CONCERT

As if Maggie wasn't lucky enough to win the tickets, someone inside gave us Row 9 - Floor Seats!! We were so close that we could see them sweating!! I think being so close made it more fun then the Hannah Montana Concert. Unfortunately, the opening band - 535, didn't compare to the Joans Brothers!!
I was probably the only person that shed a few tears during the show. As I stood there holding my seven year old daughter with our cheeks pressed agianst each other, I was overwhelmed with emotion. There was no greater gift that I could have been given for my birthday then to spend quality time making memories that will last forever with my first born child!! I LOVE You Maggie!! Thanks for such a wonderful gift - time with you!!


We got home just in time to enjoy hanging out with the Pack and McCay families!! The guys enjoyed watching the UT vs SC game (poor UT) and the girls enjoyed rocking the Word Challenge world!!





No comments: