Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Beautiful Election Day - Terrible Results!!

I do not know how we got to be so lucky that it was 70 degrees on our day off from school in November, but I am so very thankful. We enjoyed our day to the fullest outside. Molly's school was not closed, but I didn't see any reason to take her at 8:30 (even though she woke up at 7:15 on my sleep-in day).. We were suppose to meet Melissa at Fort Kid around 11:00, but we were a little late getting there. We packed our lunch and I brought along a fabulous book that Melissa got me for my birthday. Rarely do I read, but this was one of those books that once I started it, I couldn't put it down!! The kids played forever and they were filthy by the time we left. We walked down to the sun sphere and just happened to get on the elevator at the same time as someone that worked for Southern Grace Catering, so he gave us a tour of the 5th floor (a sweet little bar that is open every night) and the 6th floor which is used for receptions (I want to get married again just to have my reception there :-)).. The kids thought it was pretty cool to get a private tour!! Maggie was so excited to go back to school just so she could tell Mrs. Etchison what she got to do.. The weather was so perfect that we couldn't resist hanging out on the lawn at the World's Fair Park for a while. The kids even enjoyed kicking off their shoes and running around barefoot!! As soon as we walked onto the grass, Cameron was recruited by five other boys his age to play football. He was entertained by them until we eventually interrupted his game to leave. We had brought the kids' bikes with us and they were determined that they were going to get to ride them together, so we ventured on to Victor Ash Park which has a great walking trail that is .67 miles long and the kids rode around and around the walking trail. Molly and Coleman managed to make it around once. Molly finally conquered her brakes!! She can also make it part of the way across the monkey bars on her own. It is amazing the strength she has developed from gymnastics. We finally headed home around 5:00 and Granny was sweet enough to order pizza and feed us so we could get home and in the bed faster!! 

Molly had gymnastics this morning and we were joined by Granny. She was excited because Granny is always at work during her class and she was glad to show her all of her tricks in class!! Afterwards, we made a quick trip to Maryville to deliver books.. We got back in town with time to spare, so we goofed off in Turkey Creek. Maggie's class went well, but they did not work on their back walkovers. We will do some major celebrating when she masters that skill!! she has worked hard and she wants to be able to so bad.. Molly had no desire to go to gymnastics, so she called Cacki to see if she could go to her house. Unfortunately, that is a little out of the way!! She took Granny up on her offer to watch her. Mike is at tennis tonight and I am at home cleaning carpet.. A dreaded task, but I am sick of the comments about the house smelling like pee!! I am hoping this new stuff will help!! 

No comments: