Friday, November 21, 2008

Where has this week gone? I cannot believe it has been a week since Molly fell asleep in my lap. This has been one of those weeks where you feel like you fell asleep and missed out on everything. I do not even know if I can go back and recap this week, but I will try!! 

Saturday was freezing and rainy (on and off).. I took the girls to the flea market with my parents which was an experience all in itself!! We managed to buy bandaids for a $1 and some hair glitter and a book.. Afterwards, we stopped by the Tradebank trade show and I found Robin a Christmas present. The girls wanted to stay at Granny's with Cameron and Meghan, so Mike and I were able to slip away for a date night. We went to Bonefish Grill to finish off a gift card and then we went to see a terrible movie and we actually contemplated walking out of it (which Mike never does)!! Stephanie met us at Calhouns afterwards and we had dessert and coffee and caught up on her life!! It is always fun seeing her. I just pray that God will bring Mr. Right into her life. She is so precious and she will make a wonderful Mom someday.. Maggie didn't want to spend the night, so we picked her up on our way home. She is having a hard time being away from home lately. 

Sunday, we took Maggie to church and then had lunch with the Pack and McCay families at Pelanchos. Maggie absolutely loves going to Providence and she is really learning a lot in her class. It took Mike by complete surprise when she wanted to look a verse up in her children's bible to see if it read the same way that she had memorized it!! It warms our heart that she is finally somewhere that she actually looks forward to going. Maddie came home with us after lunch and the girls had a great time playing. 

Monday, Maggie had a big social studies test that we had studied a lot for. She was a little nervous about it, but she ended up acing the test!! I am so proud of her. I think the information that was on the test was stuff I learned in high school. 

Tuesday, Molly started showing signs of a head cold. She had a great time at school and they do a fantastic job teaching them songs and rhymes related to each season. I am so pleased with the preschool program!! I met a guy after preschool to get an estimate on my car.. Finally...someone that is going to do it for the right price!! It turns out that I will come out $170 ahead and still have my original door.. 

Wednesday was gymnastics...Molly was promoted from the 3 year old class to the 4 year old class. I am so thankful because now I can start Bible Study Fellowship in December. I have been wanting to do that for a long time, but her class has always been a conflict. Now we can do that at 9:00 and go straight to her class after it is over!! Cacki came to Maggie's class and was impressed by how much she has improved.. It's amazing the strength she has gained.. 

Thursday, I taught the kids in Maggie's class about voting. They had to choose a mayor for their community by what they were proposing to put into an empty space in the town. The kids voted for the mayor that was going to put in an animal shelter. It's funny how compassionate children are for animals at this age. Maggie enjoyed working with Papaw after school. She tore out the old flooring in the foyer of Ron & Wilma's house!! She begged to skip school today because she wanted to work with him all day. I am getting ready to go check her out early so she can work with him. After Granny got off work, she followed me to Friendsville so I could drop my van off. Luckily he can fix it while I am out of town and we can pick it up on Sunday when I get back.

Late last night, I realized I had made an appointment to get my hair cut today, but I don't have a car. Luckily, Papaw is working next door and I was able to use his truck. It's amazing how therapeutic a haircut can be.. Who knows what tonight holds.. I will do better at keeping this updated :-)..

Tomorrow I will be going to Atlanta with Melissa. I am looking forward to the big city!!

No comments: