The girls are very excited about Halloween... This year we have Maggie starring as Hannah Montana!! Molly will be starring as Tinker Bell (sassy, not a coincidence). Miley will be strutting her furry self around as a princess (cute as can be).. We will make our first appearance tonight at Zuma Fun!! Costumes are so expensive that you have to find more then one excuse to wear them!! One family with two children can never have too much candy (yeah right)..
This has been an uneventful week because we spent the first three days at gymnastics. We had to do makeup classes since we were out of town last week. Maggie did manage to learn how to do a back bend all by herself yesterday and she was so proud of herself. She will master her back walkover before we know it!!
I forgot to post a funny story about Maggie from the cabin.. I threw in a few board games as we were walking out the door to go to the cabin and I didn't pay any attention to what they were. The kids all decided to play "I've Never" while the adults were bus doing other things. Luckily, Mike was sitting in the room with them and the first card that Maggie pulled out of the box was "Have you ever had sex on the beach"... GREAT!!! We quickly put the game away and enjoyed a good little laugh. I am thankful that she is not extremely inquisitive and we were able to get away with telling her that it was just a drink with alcohol in it!! Not a total lie!!
Is it wrong to have your 7 year old buy you a lottery ticket? Maggie is the luckiest person I know!! She has this way of winning that I have never had!! There could be a 50/50 chance and I wouldn't win.. Not Maggie. This year at the Dealer's picnic, she won two tickets to Dollywood and that's not the first prize she has claimed at a picnic. Tonight we went to Zuma Fun to Trick or Treat and they had a raffle for some Cheetah Girls tickets.. Maggie's ears perked up and she wanted to buy a ticket. We passed at first because I never dreamed we would be there late enough for the drawing. When we got off of the trick or treat trail, they were lining up for the costume contest which Molly wanted to participate in. I agreed to let her stay for that, so I went and bought Maggie two raffle tickets for $2.00.. Maggie and Molly both participated in the costume contest and Molly won second place!!! She was adorable.. She won two tickets to Dollywood and a free Happy Meal from McDonald's which I think she was more excited about.. Maggie didn't seem to notice that Molly won and she didn't and I was very thankful for that.. Then it was time for the raffle tickets (which I think she was consumed by) and I handed her the tickets after the first drawing and they drew her number second.. She boldly took the tickets up front and claimed her two tickets to the Cheetah Girls Concert on Saturday, November 1st!! She was so excited.. I wish I could have captured her face when she realized she won.. She is thrilled to be taking me for my birthday. That's what motherhood is all about.. I am so excited about going to this concert for her on my birthday because I know she is thrilled to be taking me.. Why couldn't it have been Rascall Flatts & Taylor Swift??
Maggie never realized that dressing up as Hannah Montana would make her s star!! She was so embarassed by all of the little girls that kept commenting on her costume. I think the feeling of being a star finally got easier for her to take, but she was mortified at first. Molly was proud to be Tinker Bell and she was excited to talk to anyone that wanted to talk to her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment