Saturday was a much needed lazy day for us. We didn't leave the house until Mike and I finally decided to go to Wild Wings to watch the game at 5:30. We dropped the girls off with my parents and headed out to watch UT finally win a game.. We watched the first half at Wild Wings and then we went to the Andes' house to watch the second half. They were having a fun little block party and the game was playing on a projector in their garage.



This morning we got up and checked out the new Kroger!! WOW!! I am so excited to have that place right around the corner. They have got so much stuff in there. We got all of our stuff for the picnic today and then we went to pick up the girls. Molly was starting to sound hoarse yesterday and she sounded much worse today. Maggie was the one that coughed all night and Molly sounds and looks the worse. I gave her some medicine before we left to go to the mountains thinking that would help her sleep/feel better, but she kept on ticking like the Energizer Bunny. We got to Townsend around noon so we stopped for some yummy chili dogs at Phillips 66. Then we headed on up to the Cades Cove picnic area where the McCays' had us a wonderful picnic area reserved. My parents were able to join us again this year. If we had thought sooner, we would have sent Papaw up early to stake out the picnic site for us!! The kids had a blast playing on the rocks and in the water. They could spend hours (oh wait they did) playing there. Molly was a trooper and made the best of a rough day. She never whined or cried, but she was so tired. She even got her blanket out of the car and put it down on the ground so she could lay down. Of course, she never fell asleep because that would mean she might miss something. Maggie had a great time playing in the water and the weather was so nice, she was able to wear shorts. We ate at 3:30 and then our hayride was at 6:00. We got to see 3 bears and more deer then you could count. One bear was in the tree and I don't think the kids ever saw it, but two of them were right on the side of the road. The girls had fun singing and playing, but somehow one of their conversations got turned and someone said that H-A-T-E was a bad work. Apparently, Maggie said that wasn't a bad word, S-H-I-T (spelled out) was a bad word. I wasn't sitting near her, so I do not know exactly what happened, I just heard a couple moms tell her that she didn't need to spell/say that word. When I asked what was going on, I was quickly informed what happened and Maggie was instantly mortified. It wasn't like she was purposely trying to teach them a bad word, she just knew hate wasn't a true bad word. She is still trying to figure out what words are actual bad words since her Mommy and Daddy don't even like for her to say "butt". She crawled back to me in full blown tears, embarrassed beyond measure. She told me that Cameron had taught her that and she was just never going to talk again. Being embarrassed is a painful thing and I hate that she had such a wonderful day and that is probably the memory that will stand out in her mind. She was so well behaved today and she had such a great attitude all day long. She did not get in trouble one time and then a simple thing that she just doesn't fully understand ruined the moment. She went as far as to say she wished she wasn't alive and it just crushed me. I know the pain she was feeling. I vividly remember as a child, sitting around the dinner table at my grandparents and I accidentally said shit and it was simply because I couldn't remember if I could say that word or shoot. I got my mouth smacked and I was so embarrassed. I just pray that somehow she will not have that memory etched in her mind forever. We got in the car and headed home a little before 8:00 and Molly managed to stay awake the whole way home and complained because she didn't have a pillow. Maggie fell asleep, but woke up in route to her bed. All is peaceful now and hopefully a good nights rest will help Molly feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment