Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This week is flying by.. Where does time go? Molly has been under the weather, but I think she is improving slowly. I feel guilty admitting this, but I love her little raspy voice. Maggie and I even wondered if we could be so lucky that she might lose her voice for a couple of days. We wouldn't know what to do with a Molly Monster that couldn't scream bloody murder!!

We really have not done anything overly exciting this week. Molly had school on Tuesday and she brought home her school picture. She was so proud of it that there is no way I could not buy it!! Maggie brought her school picture home on Wednesday and it is the best one so far. I didn't even buy her pictures in 1st grade because they were so bad. 

Molly is doing great in gymnastics.. She is just a natural at it. She has no fear. It rained all day today, which makes me feel less guilty about not going outside all day long. I will be so thankful when this print cycle is over. This has been my hardest one ever and I will be curious to see how things go in the months ahead. 

Mike is playing tennis tonight. He will be back to having his weekly tennis night. I know that is something he loves and I am glad that he has the opportunity to play. 

I have had a rather depressing evening. I found out that someone very dear to me may possibly have lung cancer...I can't even wrap my mind around that diagnosis!! Is it a complete shock, yes...should it be...no. She has always smoked and smoked a lot. It doesn't make it any easier to accept. The doctor told her that they found a very suspicious spot on her lungs on September 29th. She will have a biopsy on October 14th. I realize doctors are extremely busy people, but would they want to have to sit and play the waiting and try not to worry game for over two weeks? I just pray that it turns out to be nothing. I pray that when they do further testing that they do not find anything. I do not wish cancer on my worst enemy. Cancer is the most evil disease and I have watched it take my aunt away. I will never forget going to visit her and her pointing to a piece of paper and telling me to look at the casket she picked out. Cancer can leave you no hope!!  God, please let this be nothing!!

A young boy at Farragut Middle School died today from an accident at a church camp. That reality makes you stop and appreciate every minute you have with your kids. No parent expects to lose a child, especially at church camp. My prayer tonight for my children is for safety and health.. I do not ever want to watch them suffer. 

On that sad note, with tears streaming down my face, I am going to bed!!


No comments: