Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rough Day for Molly

Molly and I spent the whole day on the run yesterday. We started with gymnastics at 10:15 where Molly gave me a scare!! She fell on the trampoline and hurt her arm. I didn't see it happen, but I saw her grab her arm and start crying. Ms. Lisa tried to console her, but she needed some Mommy loving.. I went into the gym and gave her a hug and kiss and she was able to get right back out there and finish her class. Afterwards, I told her we were going to call Daddy and ask him what color cast he thought we should get and she let me know that she was okay. I told her we were just going to tease him and she asked me "how do you tease him". It's funny how often I use words and assume she gets it, but she is totally clueless!!


We had to pick up Maggie's x-rays because it was her turn to get her teeth cleaned. She was very nervous about going somewhere new and her reason for wanting to go back to the pediatric dentist was because she wanted to be able to watch tv. You've got to be kidding me!! She ended up loving the new dentist and she had a great experience. Molly got to watch everything, so she is excited about getting her teeth cleaned.



We went to Erica's house when they got home from school so the kids could play. Maggie was excited to see Sydney's new "big girl room". They all had a great time playing and doing homework together. We stayed for some delicious pancakes and waffles (thanks Erica)..



Molly was excited to walk into school alone again today. They had Clifford Day at school, so had to wear the color red and that was their focus all day.. Molly let me know that she didn't like red, she likes purple!! I made it to the gym while she was at school. My legs feel like spaghetti noodles!! I am so out of shape!! Cacki met me at the house to ride with me to pick up Molly.. We enjoyed a yummy lunch at Chik-Fil-A and some interesting play time with some unsupervised children :-). As Cacki was pulling out of the driveway, Molly fell down the stairs backwards. I grabbed her up and ran out to catch Cacki. I figured if she was really hurt that I would need her help getting Maggie off of the bus. She turned out to be just fine, but about an hour later, she ran to me with her hands at her mouth and she told me something came out of her mouth. She had apparently been playing on the trampoline and hit her tummy just right and caused herself to spit up. She was fine afterwards and has been the rest of the day. Bless her heart, she has had a rough day!!



Maggie came home and was as wild as a buck. She could not calm down and she decided to hit Molly in the eye because she stretched her shirt and she wanted some of her candy - not a good idea!! Let's just say she learned a very valuable life lesson. Her candy went in the trash and her bottom felt a little sting.. After that, she calmed down and realized I meant business. We were able to drop Molly off at Granny's during gymnastics!! It is so hot in there during the evening classes and the last thing I can handle is Molly crawling all over me. Maggie did great in gymnastics and I can see a huge improvement each week. She gets stronger and more confident with each class. She got to have dinner at Nixon's Deli (which is her favorite place).. She has been doing a great job at going to be by herself. Now we need to graduate to sleeping through the night!! Who ever thought that would be my wish for her when she was 7??

No comments: