Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Baby Walked in Alone!!

Maggie had a rough start on Monday. She is extremely tired for some reason. She can't seem to whip whatever is going on in her system. Her left eye was bothering her and she complained of blurry vision. There's something about blurry vision that completely freaks me out. I drilled her when she got home to find out of it was better and I think it is. She may be getting an infection in her eye because it has been crusty for three mornings now. Molly and I ended up taking her to school because we didn't have hot water when we woke up, so Daddy needed to stay home and take a shower.

I took Molly to the library for story time with Chase and Jenny. Poor little Chase and that full leg cast!! She is a trooper and she handles it well. Molly didn't even seem to notice that she had a cast on her leg. We ate lunch afterwards and the girls had a blast playing under the table. When Maggie got home from school, she just kind of hung out on the couch the rest of the evening. I put her to bed at 7:00 in hopes that the extra hour would help. Molly went to bed at 8:00.. 

This morning was very emotional and I didn't expect it at all!! Maggie was still crusty and snotty when she woke up, but emotionally she seemed better. Molly told me she didn't want to go to school, so I asked her if she was nervous about walking in by herself and she said yes. I told her I would gladly walk her in, but on the way to school, she changed her mind!! She wanted to be big and walk in alone. She unbuckled, gave me several hugs and kisses and I gave her strict instruction to get on the sidewalk and walk in the front door and straight to her class. When the lady opened the door, she didn't pay any attention to what she was saying because in her mind, Mommy had told her all that she needed to know. I watched in my rearview mirror as she walked toward the school.....Bam!!!! The tears hit me out of no where!! I was watching my baby walk into school alone!! I called Mike and I could barely speak. I was overwhelmed emotionally. Now I am looking forward to picking her up to see how it went. 

I went to the dentist this morning...first time since I was pregnant with Molly!! I knew there would be work that needed to be done, but I wasn't sure how much. I need a crown, a filling and..........my wisdom teeth need to be taken out!! Luckily I only have three of them. Two will be easy to remove, but the bottom one is impacted!! I will get an estimate next Thursday!! Maggie was not very happy with me because I got to go to the dentist and she didn't. I made an appointment for her while I was there, so she gets her wish tomorrow at 2:00. Everything should be just fine with her!! Molly will go in October. I told them I couldn't possibly do both of them and myself all in one month!!

No comments: