Molly and I took Maggie to school on Friday morning. When we got home, I called Papaw to tell him about the sleepwalker!! He warned me that gas was going up at 8:00 AM, so I loaded Molly back into the car even though we were both still in our pajamas and headed to the gas station. We filled up for $3.69 a gallon. When we went to pick Maggie up at school, several gas stations were already out of gas and the ones that weren't were charging $4.69 per gallon. I am thankful I filled up when I did. The scare is being caused by Hurricane Ike striking the coast of Texas. I took Maggie to Maddie's sleepover at 5:00 and then we met my family at Mimi's Cafe to celebrate Jerry's 38th Birthday!! Afterwards we did a little shopping at Target with Molly. She enjoys getting to be an only child from time to time. We realized while we were at Target that she had never seen Toy Story, so when we got home, I curled up on the couch with her and we watched an old favorite of Maggie's. She complained during the whole movie about not liking the dog or the boy. When the movie was over, she decided that she actually did like it.
Saturday morning, we went to pick Maggie up and gas prices had continued to rise at the stations that still had gas. It was $4.99 per gallon!! Who ever thought gas would make it that high? Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon!! Maggie had a great time at Maddie's and like usual, she didn't want to leave. She had to be at Guiliana's party at 1:00 at Liza Moz. Molly wanted to go, but she was tired and not feeling 100%, so she stayed home with Daddy and took a nap!! Maggie chose a mini piggy bank to paint. After the party, we came home and played lazy for a little while before Jenny came over with Chase and Zach. Chase got her cast off on Friday, but she still was not able to bend or stand on her leg. I hope it starts feeling better soon. The kids had a great time playing and they all get along so well. We ordered some pizza and just enjoyed some time outside. I called to talk to Granny before I started the bedtime process and Molly started begging to go spend the night with her. Granny was all for that because she was going to be out of town for a week. Maggie went with me to drop her off, but she didn't want to stay. She is becoming a home body and I am okay with that!! I told her on the way home that we were going to church, she started fussing about it. I told her that we were willing to try somewhere new, but I needed her to be willing to try her class so she could decide if she likes it. She told me that she just wanted to go to Maddie and Sydney's church and I tried to explain that she already knew what their program was like, but she came back with, "you haven't been to your class there". We went to Providence for Maggie this morning and I think she liked the program solely because she has a friend there. We will try other churches before we make a decision on what we are going to do. Afterwards, we went to lunch with the McCay's. The girls didn't want to be separated from each other, so Maggie rode home with them and then they came over to swim. The wind caused them not to last long. It's sad to think that today could be the last day of our swim season because the temperature is suppose to start dropping tomorrow. The girls have been in the playroom enjoying each other for the past hour, but as I type, that all just came to an end over a toilet bowl!! Now I need to get up and find something to feed them before we go to bed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment