Monday, September 15, 2008

Maggie's Special Day..

We ventured out in the gas guzzling van today for the first time since gas prices spiked. I have never paid so much attention to the mileage between stops in all of my life. Gas prices have dropped back down to $4.49 - yeehaw!! We took Miley to the groomers this morning because she had grown an afro not to mention all of the hair in her ears!! Then we were off to the library to meet Chase and Jenny for story time. Molly really enjoys going and listening to the books and getting to color. Afterwards, we met Jerry at Panera Bread for lunch and we ran into Melissa.. Lunch dates are too expensive to enjoy often... $9.56 for lunch - what happened to the dollar menu? We had to run to the grocery store while we were out. We made it home around 2:00 and it wasn't long before they called to say it was time to pick up Miley girl.. She looked so cute when we picked her up. I love her curls, but she is so dog-gone cute with her short, soft fur and a bandana!!
Today was Maggie's day with Cacki!! She had promised Maggie a shopping day for her birthday and since it was still summer clothes on her birthday, they waited until today.. Cacki made the mistake of taking her to Justice - that's hard on the checkbook!! She picked out two pairs of velour jogging pants, a jacket to match, four shirts, a pair of panties, two toys (one for Molly), house slippers and.....

a sleeping mask...yes, she is really asleep!!

Mike went out with the guys tonight to celebrate Jim's birthday. Mike wasn't 100% sure it was Jim's birthday, but I am!! We'll see who is right when he gets home. I am playing drill sergeant while he is gone.. Both girls are going to bed alone tonight!! Maggie has mastered going to bed alone... Molly is a different story. I have bribed her with an icee after school if she goes to sleep alone.
Have I mentioned that we cannot afford to have any more friends or relatives that are born in the month of September?

No comments: