Molly got to meet her teachers today and she seemed to really like them and her new classroom. Ms. Sally played with her and another little girl while Ms. Melissa went over all of the parent information with me and another mom. She is very excited that after the first week of school, she will be dropped off and picked up in a car line. When I told her, she said "I might not know where my class is". I assured her that I would teach her how to get to her classroom and she would be just fine. She said "I might yell for my teacher". There will be someone at the door guiding her into the building and her teacher will be inside waiting in the hallway. I think that will make going to school a lot easier for her then me walking her in and having to say goodbye. This makes her feel like a big girl like Maggie. There's nothing she wants more then to be just like Maggie!! Another exciting part for her is that she will not have to take a nap in the afternoon. We do not even send them with a backpack...just a lunchbox if they are staying until 2:30. I think this will be a fun year for her. We know two of the little girls in her class.
Yesterday, Molly got a full day of Cacki time all to herself. I dropped her off at 9:30 and they played until it was time to get Maggie off of the bus. Maggie called me right after she got home in hysterics because she broke her necklace. I couldn't even remember where it came from, but luckily Daddy did. She was over it by the time I got home and she hasn't mentioned it since.
No comments:
Post a Comment