Ms. Etchison!! From first impression, we are going to have a great 2nd grade year. I know a lot can change once Maggie gets in there and the work starts flowing, but she has three friends from kindergarten in her class!! Her wish was to get Ms. Best, which by luck is her team teacher. She will be going to her classroom twice a week to learn science and health from her. Maggie is, of course, very nervous about starting school. She likes her teacher, but is not ready to start back to school. I think that will all change very quickly once she gets there on Monday. She has already started begging to be a bus rider, so I guess at some point, I will have to give in and let her try it a time or two. I think she will find that she likes Mom picking her up..
At a moment's notice last night, Maggie went to spend the night with Annabella. Now we will have to make extra effort to keep their friendship strong since they will no longer be in class together. She had a great time over there and I picked her up at the school for meet the teacher.
On a serious note, Jenny brought the kids over to swim today and they had not been here for over sixty seconds when Chase got on the trampoline with Jake and injured her leg. Jenny patiently worked with her for about thirty minutes and then decided to go ahead and take her to the ER where they x-rayed her and decided that it was most likely fractured. Chase is one tough cookie. She cried, but nothing like one of mine would have cried.. I hate that she hurt herself at my house.. There is a guilt that you can't help from feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment