In a child's mind, what's the best way to finish off summer vacation... For Maggie, it's not being in the pool. By this point in the summer, she is over swimming!! It happens this way every year. We wrapped up our last Friday in the air condition at Sprout Studio. Maggie is not usually fired up about going there unless she has a friend to play with, but her and Molly were so sick of playing at home that they both needed a change of scenery. They played so well together while we were there and Cacki and I were able to sit and chat while watching them interact with each other. Maggie had a few moments of trying to hide from Molly, but overall, they really enjoyed playing together. Molly rarely leaves there without throwing a good tantrum and Friday was no different. She was not thrilled to leave, but the thought of going shopping for a leotard for Maggie made it a little easier. We searched all of the consigment shops, but came up empty handed. Both girls are very excited to start gymnastics, so I have to decide if I want them to start this week or wait until after Labor Day..
Last night, Papaw got the "Dollywood itch". He hasn't been in a while and the weather forcast looked great.. Maggie wasn't sure she wanted to go to Dollywood, but as the night went on, I could tell something was bothering her. She wanted to go to Dollywood because she loves to ride the rides and she wanted to get a new glass creature to add to her collection. However, she felt very torn between going and playing and staying home to spend time with Daddy, whom she says she doesn't get to spend much time with. She was in tears trying to make a decision and of course in her mind, the best solution was for Daddy to go with us. We spent an hour cuddled up in bed together trying to solve her dilema and she finally agreed that she could go to Dollywood without Daddy and then come home and go out on a date with Daddy to do whatever she wanted. he decided before she went to sleep that she wanted to go bowling. After falling asleep around 11:00, we crawled out of bed at 7:00 in order to get to the park when it opened. It was a perfect morning. The temperature was on the cool side and we were able to ride all of the rides without waiting. That all changed after we took a break for lunch and rode one of the water rides. When we went back to ride the scramblers again, the park was so crowded that you couldn't even get around. We decided it was time to leave. Maggie did manage to ride one new ride this time....Thunder Road. She has been inside before and sat in a seat with no movement, but this time she wanted to ride the ride and get the full effect. She loved it. I love the fact that she is starting to want to try new things. One ride at a time....eventually she will be riding everything.
Molly didn't want to get left out on the Daddy/Daughter date night, so she asked Maggie if she could go with them and I was surprised when she told her that she could. They left around 5:00 and who knows when they will get home. I hope they are having fun. With school starting, it was time to restock on snacks for school.. I am going to try to pack Maggie's lunch for a while and see how that goes.. I always get off to a good start and then decide it is easier to just let her buy her lunch!! I just hate writing those $50 checks for lunch tickets and then turning around and it's time to do it again..
I am going to put my jammies on and enjoy some quiet time at home alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment