Friday, August 15, 2008

Facing Fears


I did it...I released my sweet, innocent daughter to the beast, I mean the bus!! She was so excited. She woke up in the middle of the night to tell me that we were going to have to get up early because the bus comes early and we don't want to miss it. When I whispered in her ear that it was time to get out of bed, she hopped right up. We were ready in record time. Molly woke up on her own and we got in the car and drove to the corner of Flotilla and Farragut Hills Blvd. because by this point Maggie's excitement was turning into nervous energy. She doesn't fully understand that the bus has a route and just because she is friends with someone doesn't mean her bus will drive to their neighborhood to pick them up. I found a little girl named Heather and she is in thrid grade. She said they drop off the Primary kids first, so she was going to watch over Maggie for me. I went as far as to ask her if she would sit with Maggie. I gave specific instructions for her to sit near the front and even Heather agreed that the back is not the place for a second grader. Now I have to give my fears to God and trust that he will deliver her to school safely. I will sit patiently and wait until 12:35 when I can go and have lunch with her to see how she liked her new experience. Of course, I hope she enjoys it, but I hope she likes the comfort and safety of Mommy's car better!! Really, how long could I keep her from at least trying the bus. I didn't want her to be the only senior in high school who had NEVER rode the bus before!!

No comments: