Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Long Week

I cannot believe this is only Thursday. I am exhausted to say the least. Going to sleep after 11:00 and waking up at 6:30 is for the birds.. I wish I was one of those lucky people that could survive on very little sleep, but I am the extreme opposite (the more sleep the better).. Molly has been a sweetheart this week until 2:45 every day. I do not know what it is about Maggie that brings out the evil side of Molly, but she is a totally different child the second we get back in the car at the school. Molly and I have practiced writing letters, played board games and just enjoyed some one on one time. I will be so glad when tomorrow is behind me and I can devote 100% of my time to her. This has been a very difficult print cycle and I have been stressed beyond comprehension. If every print cycle was like this one, I would not be able to say I love what I do!! I am thankful this is an unusual situation..

Molly and I stayed in the house all day Monday and Tuesday.. Cacki came over and watched the girls for us on Tuesday night so we could go to the Young Life Table Host Dinner. I cannot think of a more beautiful place in Knoxville then Two Rivers..

Molly and I got up early Wednesday morning, took our shower, I put on my workout clothes and we went walking.. Well, I walked, she rode in her stroller and we shared my IPOD.. It was nice to get outside and exercise. I think lack of exercise is adding to my funk. Molly was so excited about her first gymnastics class that I didn't think she was going to let me walk.. She was ready to go and show the teacher all that she could do. She had a blast. It is amazing to watch her eagerness to try anything. She is totally different from Maggie. She wants to be first in line, she can't sit still in between turns and she is much stronger then Maggie was at age 3.. I just hope that when she gets to kindergarten that she can sit still and be quiet for her teacher. I have a sneaky feeling that she will get her card pulled on day 1 (I hope she proves me wrong). After we picked Maggie up at school, we had to go to Felicia's house to help her with her ad. The girls had a great time playing with her kids.

It's Thursday....only Thursday.... Molly and I had a slow start until I got a phone call from Felicia. She needed help with her ad again and she was headed to Sprout Studio. I had forgotten that Elmo was going to be there, so we threw ourselves together and ran out the door. Molly loved seeing Elmo!! She is totally into characters right now and that really surprises me. She has always been totally afraid of them. Even when we went to Sprout Studio to see the Backyardigans, she would not let go of my neck. Everything changed Monday while we were at the First Day Festival and she wanted to hug and get her picture taken with every character around. We picked Maggie up at school and headed straight to the dollar store so they could get their reward for sleeping... My goal is to get both girls where we can read stories, say prayers and then they get in their bed and go to sleep (like in a normal family).. Maggie went to bed two nights in a row by herself, but that was quickly the end of that!! Molly....she is doing better at staying in her bed (except for last night), but I cannot get her to go to sleep on her own.. Bedtime is my least favorite time and I am sure I have said that about a hundred times in this blog!! I want so bad to have a normal routine and for bedtime to be easier then it is now. Tonight was Maggie's first gymnastics class. I do not know what has gotten into her lately, but she is determined to be able to do front handsprings and back walkovers.. I am afraid she is going to break her neck.. She loved the class and was sad that it didn't last longer then one hour. We stopped by for a visit with Granny and Papaw and then we headed home to do the bedtime stuff..

I just pray that tomorrow goes smoothly. I would love to think that we will go to print at a decent hour, but since I still have three ad changes left and they haven't even emailed them to me, I doubt it will happen.. I just want to close the books on September and October!!

No comments: