I showed up to lunch to find a very excited little Maggie!! Her bus ride was a hit (much to my regret). She discovered that two kids from her class ride the same bus as she does. I gave her the option of being picked up or riding the bus and she chose to ride the bus.. Any other day, that would have made me very sad, but today, it actually was a good thing. I have been in front of my computer almost all day and I still feel like we are a mile away from being finished. I do not know what happened this time, but I don't want it to happen again. My last ad is due to arrive in my inbox around 11:00 PM!! That is way past my bedtime.
Mom came over this afternoon to entertain Molly because my stress level was off the charts. She went with us to retrieve Maggie from the bus stop. We got there a little early and Mom was just sure we were not in the right place. At one point, I thought she was right when I saw a neighbor go past us and then go back by with his bus rider in the van. It turns out that there's two stops and one gets off about five minutes before the second one. Maggie knew to stay on the bus and wait to get off when her new friend Heather did. She said she rode with her friend from class until she got off of the bus and then she sat with Heather. She was so excited, but the excitement quickly turned to tears when Molly kicked her in the chest. What a great way to add to my stress. I think Mom could tell that I was completely frazzled, so she loaded both girls up and headed to her house with them.
I had to take a break from my work at 5:30 because Molly was signed up to do a toy study. Her reward, a really nice Polly Pocket toy. Mommy got $15 for her time (or gas).. Molly has been so proud of her toy and we even had to take it to dinner with us. Maggie was crushed when she discovered that Molly had a new toy and she didn't. It would have been a weak moment for Cacki :-), but I held strong and explained to her that there will be plenty of times in life that she will get things and Molly won't (for the past 3 1/2 years) and times like today when Molly gets something new. Not a fun life lesson.. I will give Molly credit...When I told her about the toy study and that she would be getting a nice toy at the end, she said "can I get one for Maggie, too".. She may be mean to Maggie, but she truly loves her.
Here I sit, still waiting for this day to end!!
No comments:
Post a Comment