Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Enjoying My Week Off

Molly got to enjoy a play date yesterday at Events at Sherlake with Coleman and Ridge. She played hard for two hours and was exhausted when we left. We had lunch afterwards at Nixon's to avoid the grocery for as long as possible. We made it home just in time to go to the bus stop to pick up Maggie. I thought after the first couple of times that she would be over riding in the heat, but instead she is loving it!! I have to admit that it has been convenient for me having the extra 45 minutes and not having to go far to get her. 

Last night was our parent / teacher conference and it confirmed our first impression of her teacher. She seems very organized and really has a good grip of what is going on. I might be wrong, but this may be our best year yet. She brought home homework for the first time today and I love her idea of homework!! It is one sheet with 9 vocabulary words and she has to write a sentence with each word. Maggie loves to write, so that will be simple!!

Molly fell and whacked her face on my parents bed while she was there and now she has some scrapes on her face. I totally expected her to wake up with a black eye, but she is fine. She is one tough cookie!! 

We got our morning started off with gymnastics and Molly had a great time. She loves it!! It is a huge hit as her first organized activity. Afterwards, we enjoyed a little date lunch at Chik-Fil-A. Molly was in the best mood. Then we ran a bunch of errands and made it home in time for me to get some "work" done. Household chores is my least favorite "work" ever invented!! My chore for the week is to get the carpet cleaned. It is disgusting and I would be embarrassed for anyone to see it. 

Mike is playing tennis tonight, so I took the girls over to my parents to eat and then we went to pick up my directories since they called me today. I figured that was one less thing I would have to do tomorrow.

Off to put the girls to bed. Tonight will be my first attempt this week of putting Molly to bed by herself - say a little prayer :-) 

No comments: