Monday, August 18, 2008
All Is Well at Maggie's 7 Year Well Visit
Maggie dreads going to the doctor for her well visit more then anything else in life. She wants no part of getting shots, having her finger pricked or having to sit naked in a paper gown.... Se is finally okay with peeing in a cup :-). Her appointment was at 9:45 this morning, so she got to sleep in.. She weighed in at a whopping 49 pounds which puts her in the 50 percentile. She was 49 1/2 inches tall which puts her in the 75 percentile and if all goes well, she will be 5'6" tall just like her mommy!! The doctor said she has a 20 BMI which is great!! The best news is that after skipping breakfast, her cholesterol was down from 200 to 185!! When the lady came in to draw blood, she cried a little and was extremely nervous, but once the prick was done, she realized it wasn't so bad. I think by next year, we may be able to do it tear free. Dr. Meyer allowed her to sit in her panties which relieved that fear and embarrassment.. The doctor said all in all, she scored an A today!! For some reason I always get so nervous going to well visits. I have this terrible fear that they will find something wrong.. It could take a simple trip to the doctor that could turn our world upside down. I praise God that today was not that day!! When we left the doctor, it was 10:55 and Maggie had not eaten anything. The school said she had to arrive by 11:15 in order to not be counted absent all day, so we just skipped!! I have a note from the doctor's office, so it will be an excused absence. Luckily, the girls are playing really well together or I might have regretted my decision. After we ate, Maggie was a little sad not to be going to school because she was excited to ride the bus.. I told her there is always tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment