Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!










We spent all day yesterday running around in circles trying to get everything ready for today!! Wednesday night, I got an email that our truck that was pulling the trailer in the parade had backed out. I could have asked my Dad to clean out his truck (but let's face it, we didn't have that kind of time) or Grandbob has a truck.. Instead, I got resourceful. I called Hummer of Knoxville and told them the situation and they were more then willing to loan me a Hummer for the parade. His only dilemma was that they were going to be closed today and we wouldn't be able to bring it back to them until Saturday morning - NOT A PROBLEM!! 19 miles later, we have a problem. We took Maggie to swim practice to find that it was cancelled, so we drove on to Cacki's to show off our fun ride for the weekend. When we got back in to leave, the silly thing would not start. You have got to be kidding me. It only had 469 miles on it. I called On Star twice, NO help!! I called roadside assistance and they told me to try a 25 minute process of resetting the system. No luck!! Roadside assistance sent out Pop A Lock at 10:45 to try the battery, nothing!! Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Grandbob saved the day.. He took us home, and then came back this morning with his truck to drive us in the parade. He was a real trooper.. Maybe God was trying to humble my proud spirit driving around in that big ol' playtoy!!

The parade went great.. We got there a little after 8:00. We were number 87, so we didn't pull out until at least 9:45. Sprout Studio brought some of their campers and Felicia and Melissa brought their kids, so we had a good show of cute kids!! We got in trouble before we even rounded the corner onto Kingston Pike. NO THROWING CANDY!! You've got to be kidding me. They were hardcore about it and so was the lady in the car behind us that took out her frustrations on Melissa. I understand the safety issue, but it really takes the fun out of the parade. It looked more like trick-or-treating in July. The kids stood there with their bags open hoping and waiting for candy!! Maggie and Molly did great, but they got restless near the end. IT was bring because their job had been taken away from them. By the end, Grandbob had 4 kids inside the truck with him. At the end of the parade, we took the trailer back and then headed back to the high school to drop off all of the riders. The weather was hot, but there was a breeze at first, so that helped. Now the girls are asleep and I am sitting here waiting for the Andes, McCay and Broyles' families to get here to enjoy some swimming and eating. I would normally be stressed out and cleaning like a freak, but these are all of my closest friends and they have each seen my house a mess!!

No comments: