Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Busy Day

Can you believe I set my alarm clock this morning? That is just not something I typically do during the summer, but we needed to be at the theater this morning by 9:30 and I knew there was no way I would wake up on my own.. We met the Pack's to see Charlotte's Web and it was a new movie for me and Molly. Mike took Maggie to see it when it was released, but Molly was too little to sit through it. It was really a sweet movie. After the movie, we came home and started folding clothes and doing the household stuff that I have so much trouble getting done and our neighbor called and said they were free to come swimming today. They came around 2:00 and brought a few rain drops and thunder with them, but we didn't let that scare us out of having fun. She also brought her little dog and Miley got to enjoy a playdate, too.

Maggie had her last swim meet tonight at Gulfwood. The final meet will be the city meet when we get back from the beach. She competed in five events and did really well once we discovered that she didn't need to have a pony tail in which was causing her a lot of discomfort with her swim cap. The Pack's came to watch the end of the meet and everyone cheered for Maggie as she competed in the breast stroke and she got out of the pool with a total look of embarrassment.. She was happy to have them, but she wasn't sure what to think of the cheering.

It's off to bed!! Maggie is hoping for some hot chocolate which I cannot even think about after sitting in the heat for five hours.. Maybe I can convince her to have it with breakfast!!

No comments: